P0762 after new lines

007sosikk

Dec 29, 2013
MY other post got off track so,I am reposting.

A Month ago my trans lines started leaking. Local shop swapped the lines. Somehow my trans "blew up" last week. P0762 code, only 4th and reverse worked. Trans temp was low 100's and never went over 200 on the limp home. Same shop said fluid was smoked and a lot of shavings in filter. They Did a flush and its working fine but they said its on borrowed time.
I'm not going to lie, I drive the truck like a race car all the time. I'm on a moonshine 100hp tune, trans has 130k on it. I bought the truck with 100k on it and only drive 15 k a year. I figured it was gonna blow, but it's a little bit of a coincidence. The trans will only go into limp if I drive for over 20 min and it gets warm.
Anything I can do to fix this?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Only fix is to tear it down and rebuild it with a new converter. You've hurt it pretty bad if you had "a lot of shavings in the filter". Sorry.

007sosikk

Dec 29, 2013
Any chance changing the lines accelerated the issue? It was completely fine before they changed the lines. Never went into limp and never threw a code.
Will I need new lines and cooler now?

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Yes, changing the lines means you replaced the fluid more then likely. I severely hurt stock transmission will slip much easier with fresh new fluid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Probably not. Depends on what failed, and how long you drive it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro