Allison 5sp: P0748

AubleAK

Aug 5, 2011
Glennallen, AK
was playing around at WOT tonight, got the code P0748. no limp mode right away, until i went to drive it again later. As soon as i started it, it was stuck in 3rd gear. cleared it, put it in and gear and it clanked hard. was stuck in 1st gear. cleared codes again, no limp mode, all gears worked fine up to 4th gear, and it shifted into 4th HARD. then all was fine, but pulled over again to check for codes. once again, P0748. went to shift into reverse, gear indicator flashed in R and D. cleared codes again, hoping to just get it the 1/2 mile to my shop. stuck in 1st gear again. :mad: after clearing the codes once more, shifted thru gears fine and got it into the shop.

Just built the trans, but had 750 miles on the build problem free, super smooth shifts, etc. So Whats going on with this? thanks in advance for any help!

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Check voltage to A trim solenoid. Make sure you have 12V to the TCM. Ignition swith comes to mind.

AubleAK

Aug 5, 2011
Glennallen, AK
well, i went to go look over the truck this afternoon, and just for sh*ts and giggles i went to see if it was still acting up, and of course it wasnt. took it for a drive driving it hard and nothing.
i just installed bens tapshift, and it wasnt working correctly. i took the power wire off, so it wouldnt be able to tapshift. could it possibly be something in bens tap shift?