Allison 5sp: P0732

A_T_Ver

Jul 31, 2007
Did a little racing last night and the tranny didn't seem to want to shift until i let off. Today i go to pull out on the highway and it goes into limp mode shifting to second, and i got the p0732 code. Burnt c4's? What to do what to do?? Also to add, p0875 just showed up too. Reverse pressure switch malfunction.

Last edited:

racinmike77

Sep 14, 2008
MD
id say you burnt up some clutches and now your valve body is gummed up to, valves are getting sticky making shifts hang up.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
If it is a clutch failure I would suspect a weak C1 sooner than C4. Could be a solenoid also.

A_T_Ver

Jul 31, 2007
Well just warmed up and drove my truck. It seems to be fine now, no codes or any funny shifts. I didn't go WOT though, it might still hang up there. The fluid looks, smells, and tastes :joker: good. It does have little ever so small bubbles in it, been a touch over 10,000 since my spin on was changed. And i'm still going to get a new NSBU. It has been cold and rainy here now it's warmer and dry, so moisture perhaps?? It's acted funny one other time a couple months ago and then normal again. Hopefully that's it.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I doubt a spin on will cause this. A pan drop to see if there is metal in the pan would help. I have not seen a solenoid do this even though it is very possible. C1 one sided clutches stacked wrong cand and will do this.

Reactions: eand28

A_T_Ver

Jul 31, 2007
I'll try and get it dropped tomorrow and see what's in it.
I say NSBU too because when it through the p0875, i backed out of the driveway fine, go to drive and nothing, i didn't look to see if i had a blinking drive selector or range shift inhibited, to busy going oh damn i'm sideways in the road and can't move. Then it went into like first gear and drove itself pretty much, wanted to pull itself around. Then back in the driveway i went. I looked around and saw a forum with the same symptoms that happened to me just then. Plus it's done that one time before as well.

Last edited:

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
I just had to change out the manifold pessure switch in my 6 spd was limping to 4th gear after you drove 10 or so miles or got to 148 trans temp,also did it a few times back out go to drive and bam go to drive then pop out then 4th p0762.How long have you had Erics MA trans in the truck?

05_LLY

Out-A-Time
Aug 7, 2006
Norvelt, PA
I had similar issues with my wifes 04, it ended up being the pressure manifold/switch on the bottom of the valve body, one of the o rings on it were broken when i pulled it out!

A_T_Ver

Jul 31, 2007
I just had to change out the manifold pessure switch in my 6 spd was limping to 4th gear after you drove 10 or so miles or got to 148 trans temp,also did it a few times back out go to drive and bam go to drive then pop out then 4th p0762.How long have you had Erics MA trans in the truck?

Had it in a little over a year now. It's been flawless. I'm going to get the pan off and look hopefully this evening. Where exactly is that switch located on the valve body? Would that make a shift hang up?

A_T_Ver

Jul 31, 2007
Ok this just in. Started it today, put it to drive and it started out in 3rd i could tell, real doggy, stop put it to reverse, no movement and line under R is blinking and wouldn't go anywhere. Back to drive and back to reverse and it worked but CEL came on with a p0848 code.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
I would call Mike it would not hurt trying a NSBU but could be the same as mine with needing a manifold pessure switch,I tried replacing the shift solinoids then did the switch that fixed mine was kinda werd.

05_LLY

Out-A-Time
Aug 7, 2006
Norvelt, PA
Had it in a little over a year now. It's been flawless. I'm going to get the pan off and look hopefully this evening. Where exactly is that switch located on the valve body? Would that make a shift hang up?

Heres a pic of the switch from the top side!

Attachments

• pressure switch.jpg
    pressure switch.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 53