Allison 5sp: P0700 & P1711 At Dealer

dist3allaround

Mar 20, 2013
Woodland, CA
So I have a P0700 & P1711 codes in built SC V with new 1056. I had a torque converter not locking issue, short story pulled trans sent converter to SC they checked it out to be good, reinstalled. When I put it into drive it goes into gear, clunks and then starts pulling down the motor like the converter is trying to lock up.
The dealer is my only close by option. So they checked it out this morning, said the E solenoid looks good on the TechII.
Now they are reloading the TCM tunning, and then are going to move to the NSBU switch after that if it does not change anything.
At this point I am just looking for suggestions and trying to educate myself between now and when I talk to them later today again.
Thanks.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Your E shift valve is stuck. Valve body needs to come out and E shift valve bore cleaned.

dist3allaround

Mar 20, 2013
Woodland, CA
Thanks again Mike for answering my question twice. lol
I am getting the feeling from the dealer that they are not wanting to open the trans up. They are just going by there checklist procedures. They are not actually trying to diagnose the problem it seems. I talked to them already also and when the tech gets back from lunch he is suppose to call me. Damn, I wish I had the time/desire left in me to do this myself.