Allison 6sp: P0700 after trans go Jr install.

gamudslinger88

Aug 26, 2011
I used this question on another forum without much luck. I installed a trans go Jr yesterday and when finished I got a p0700 code. I did a trans relearn and a u0101 came up. Used the edge evo cs to revert to stock as I hear that can cause issues and codes cleared but the p0700 came back. Before bolting the pan back on I checked everything several times. This is my second shift kit install and the first went without a hitch. Any ideas? I'll check the TCM connection and plugs when I get home. I don't believe voltage is a problem but I'll check the output of each battery. Will the evo pull TCM codes?

06 lbz edge evo, 5" straight pipe, egr block and finger stick, the usual stuff.

BW544

Feb 11, 2013
DE
I doubt the evo will pull tcm codes as my cts couldnt the p0700 code is a generic code telling you a code is in the tcm which you will need a scan tool to check

gamudslinger88

Aug 26, 2011
What's a good code reader? I can run up to advance and lease one.

Goes into reverse fine but drive feels sluggish like its trying to pull off in a higher gear. I haven't driven it just pulled it around the yard.

gamudslinger88

Aug 26, 2011
Yes as well as I could. I don't have a parts washer but sprayed it off and blew it out best I could. I was pressed for time but took care to double and triple check everything. De burred the holes drilled. The parts store didn't have delvac so I had to go with castrol decron 6 synthetic. Could that be an issue? I wouldn't normally think so but I know these transmissions are touchy and sensitive to things. That being said it's the same trans fluid I ran on my other 06. Not a single problem with it.

gamudslinger88

Aug 26, 2011
Just called advance and there scanner will not pull codes from the TCM. Is there any affordable scanners out there?

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Most mistakes are made at the trim valves and balls. usually the ball falls out of the valve and jams the valve.

gamudslinger88

Aug 26, 2011
I used petroleum jelly on the balls and springs hoping that wouldn't happen. They went in tight and snug but I didn't have to force them. Black trim valve to the farthest out and tan to the inside as per instructions. Maybe a loose connection. I would rather scan it before I drop the pan but I'm almost 100% sure its internal as its worked flawless before the install.

gamudslinger88

Aug 26, 2011
That's what I'm hoping. A connector isn't making good contact or something simple. When I get in I'll drop the pan again and check the trim valves and all connections. You y'all think its worth breaking it all the way down and spraying out the halves again with brake cleaner?

chend3996

Aug 5, 2014
I just finished installing my trans go jr kit and have the exact same problem. It drops hard into revers and i believe it to be stuck in 3rd when in drive . How did you determine it was a broken wire?

NKlamerus

Jan 31, 2014
I just finished installing my trans go jr kit and have the exact same problem. It drops hard into revers and i believe it to be stuck in 3rd when in drive . How did you determine it was a broken wire?
Do you have any codes? How clean was everything when you took it apart.

Does it start in first and drop hard into 3rd?

chend3996

Aug 5, 2014
Yes it's showing a 0700 code. It looked very clean and cleaned it all with brake clean. It doesn't drop hard into drive it just seams like it starts in 3rd and doesn't shift. It only drops hard into revers. it worked perfectly before I installed the trans go jr.

Last edited:

gamudslinger88

Aug 26, 2011
Threw a code for the solenoid, pulled the pan and checked the plugs, found the wire had broken out the back of the plug.

chend3996

Aug 5, 2014
I pulled the pan and found a plug had not been plugged in all the way. I cleared the code and its shifting but now it down shifts so hard it breaks the back tires loose sometimes specially when in tow mode. Any ideas ? I did reset the trans but it didn't help.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I pulled the pan and found a plug had not been plugged in all the way. I cleared the code and its shifting but now it down shifts so hard it breaks the back tires loose sometimes specially when in tow mode. Any ideas ? I did reset the trans but it didn't help.

You reset it with what?

chend3996

Aug 5, 2014
You reset it with what?
With my PPE tuner . It has a trans reset feature on it. After driving it for awhile today 1st to 2nd shifts good 2nd to 3rd good but 4th to 5th shifts hard and the down shift is still very hard. Could that be a sticky solenoid? Its not throwing any codes though witch I would think it would if one was sticking.