P0341 Code, But truck runs.

2003Duramaxlb7

May 4, 2014
Pensacola,FL
Alright so today I leave from where I was, Driving about 15mins down the road.. Coast to a stop sign and go to take off the truck is spitting and sputtering,look in the passenger mirror and a bunch of white smoke.. I have no power, I reach down and put the tuner switch in factory mode with no change,coast over to the side.. Turn it off and check my CTS Monitor, it gives me this code.. Start the truck and it runs fine, drove it all around and nothing else..
Any thoughts? I know it says camshaft postion sensor,and I've read were sometimes the reluctor wheel gets loose.. But is'nt that usually a no start issue too?

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
If the cam sensor isn't reading right, it would freak out. Surprised it didn't just die on you.

Check to see if the sensor is on tight, and the wiring is in good shape. If the wiring is beat up or rubbing, it can cause problems.

I hadn't heard of camshift reluctors coming loose on the LB7, but anything is possible. I'd suspect the sensor or wiring over the reluctor, though.

2003Duramaxlb7

May 4, 2014
Pensacola,FL
I have a Bullydog programmer with a selector 3-way switch in the cab.. Im wondering if this could be part of the problem too? It was just strange that i could pull over blowing white smoke and turn it off for a few seconds then it start right up just fine.