P0234 overboost

Vasbinder

Dec 19, 2008
Floresville, Texas
While pulling a 30' 5th wheel while going up a hill in fourth the engine will quit pulling and slow down. Is the over boost code responseable for the lower power or is it something else.

Vasbinder

Dec 19, 2008
Floresville, Texas
I put on a Edge juice with attuide I had reflashed and updated from edge. It lasted about two hours and it quit working. I took it off and I don't know if the Edge is still in the computer probley need to reflash the computer. Other then that just exhaust and intake

fishsmith

May 14, 2008
Monroe, LA
Yes the overboost code will definately make it defuel. Do you have a stock turbo? Does it have any other mods, like a boost valve or banks big head?

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Not uncommon to throw that code while towing

there are paremters set in stock tunes and if you even have a odd shift it will throw the. Code

if you had or even know someone with efi it is a simple fix

JMK777

16's, but i keep em clean
Mar 20, 2008
Moss Beach
try removing the boost valve when towing. this code can be set off as low as 15 psi it just depends on gear and rpm your in. sell the edge and get efi it will help a lot. you can try and turn down low boost fueling ,if you can and that might help.

fishsmith

May 14, 2008
Monroe, LA
try removing the boost valve when towing. this code can be set off as low as 15 psi it just depends on gear and rpm your in. sell the edge and get efi it will help a lot. you can try and turn down low boost fueling ,if you can and that might help.

x2

Vasbinder

Dec 19, 2008
Floresville, Texas
Going to get Dustin to set me up a Dsp-5 switch and some programing when I get a little extra cash. Haven't had any luck with that darn Edge could of bought a EFILive for what I paid for the Edge but I didn't know about it and didn't find this Fine place till after the fact