p0181 fuel temp sensor performance?

dirty_max

Jan 27, 2013
eureka il
hey guys, so a guy i work with has said that his truck has been cranking longer than usual before it fires, and that it will throw this code when that happens. i did some looking on here but couldnt find quite what i needed. he has not been plugging it it, he is running a bully dog tuner. i am curious to know where exactly is this sensor and what would usually cause this code? thanks for any input.

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
The sensor is along the back side of the diver side fuel rail. It's plumbed into the return line coming off the return of that side. As for the codes I'm not the guy to ask on that one. I can post a pic of what the sensor looks like tomorrow.

05greendmax

dyno and drag numberssoon
Dec 26, 2009
ohio
I was getting this codas will check the pins in the ECM for the fuel mine were loose mine through that code

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
I feel like that code would not cause a hard start. I could be wrong but he may have two separate issues. On a cold start the ECM compares the temps of the coolant, intake, and fuel temp sensor to each other. Could be any of those sensors causing an issue. Also check the two bail connectors on the drivers valve cover for any backed out terminals.