LML Optilube

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
wallet was lighter? I switched to Optilube (summer formula) based on the test, and my wallet is fatter. The stuff is about the cheapest on the market!

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
I haven't looked at prices in a couple months. But I used the optilube xdp and it was approx $45 for 6 treatments, which is approx $15 more than stanadyne for the same amount of treatments.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Your not using the summer formula then. 1 gallon treats 2500+ gallons of fuel. A gal costs around $55. Even if you double-douche each tank, that's still $55/1250gals of treated fuel. So if you take on 30gals per fill AND double dose it, you're out like $1.30 per fill up!

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
No, i'm not. The XDP formula as stated above ;). Based on that test, IIRC, the XDP was the one that blew the lid off the competition if the results can be believed. The summer is significantly cheaper than the XDP formula, but I think it was rated at #4 with a ~180 micron improvement.

The XDP had a 300 ish micron improvement, but I seriously didn't notice a difference between that and stanadyne which is rated at a 33 micron improvement. When using PS, which is a 50ish micron improvement, the truck ran noticeably rougher. What it all means to me, is that the stats are likely somewhat fictitious, and any additive will help to varying degrees, but that bio is your best bet for slippery fuel.

I just wish I had bio near me. I finally had the chance to run B5 a month or so ago, that made a HUGE difference in overall seat of the pants smoothness rating ;)

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Run the summer stuff. It's dirt cheap and works better (according to that test) than most anything else. And did I mention that it's dirt cheap? LOL. Buy a gallon at Amazon and run it 3 seasons out of the year.

As for Bio - I have a station not too far away. I've run b5 and even up to b20 and felt nothing. I'm sure that it was cleaning better than Rosita with a fresh can of Lemon Pledge, so I always time my fill up when I know that I'll be passing by! The only seat of the pants that I've noticed is that the exhaust smells "different" and I get less MPG.

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
I'll order some up and give it a try! It's definitely cheaper than stanadyne and if the numbers are right, better. Thanks for the tip

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I think it's at least the 3 season value leader on that list! For the winter you might want to use something with an anti-gelling agent if it's cold where you are (which all of the NE is, lol).