LB7: Operation: MOAR POWAAA

Alliance1289

Apr 26, 2011
Well guys, after some thrashing on my truck at the track last night... I finally lost an injector in my LB7. Initially I was really upset because of the fact that this means spending a $#!TLOAD of money to fix / build the truck up. But at the same time I am excited to do a fairly conservative motor build, and induce labor on a set of twins :D

I have been doing a LOT of reading lately here on the site (regarding setup, parts, tuning, etc) because this is something that I had planned on doing later on this winter... But since that injector went down I guess my truck is gonna go into labor prematurely :rofl:

My plans are:

-Billet T4 S366 over a Billet T6 S483
-37ish? lpm (60% over sticks)
-Dual fuelers with stock LBZ/LMM pumps
-Carillos
-Cut stock pistons
-Manifolds and up pipes
-Threaded injector cups

Thats just a brief list of what my plans are, of course there are a ton of little this and that type parts I will need... Im going to get started on pulling the motor here soon unless I can find a good used one and just build that and just push my truck back in the shop while I tare the "new" motor apart and begin the build.

I scored a second gen 12V to cruise around in thanks to a very close long time family friend while this process takes place. Its going to be a pretty long process for me since I travel a lot (sometimes too much) for work and will maybe have 20 hours a week to spend on the truck and that's pushing it. Taking my time and doing things slowly will probably work out better in the long run so that I can be sure about what I am doing and check and double check everything as I go.

I am VERY open to any input, tips, hints, help, knowledge, opinions, facts, donations (parts OR labor), motivation, beer and / or pizza :D

Anyways, let Operation: MOAR POWAAAA commence :)

-Eric

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
I would go 80 or 100 over sticks; I have already maxed out my 60 overs with 2 LB7 pumps with LBZ regs and running a much wider PW than I want. I just went with a LML drivers side manny and kept my up pipes to save money for right now. Coat your pistons, yea it might flake off but it’s somewhat cheap to do so even if it last 10,000 miles it’s worth it to me. I was told to run the mains loose and have had good luck so far. Line hone everything to the tighter specs. I'm guessing ARPs all the way around? Might want to have some head work done if you send your heads to II. I think you can regrind your cam to get a little more out of it for cheap (and still not need reliefs in the pistons)
just my 2 cents worth

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
If you want 60 overs let me know, the set in my truck have 6,000 miles on them and I want to go to 100 overs. they are good sticks (no cheap crap) and Ill make you a good deal on them.

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
key the cam and crank, weld the waterpump.

If you need help on hard parts send me a PM with your wish list. We have some GREAT pricing right now.

Alliance1289

Apr 26, 2011
PM received. I will see if I can swing it. Im about ready to buy another motor and build it out of the truck. Then swap em and part the old motor out.

TRUBBS

Jul 6, 2011
anyone thinking of helping/donanting/selling OR buying parts to eric, keep in mind he "bought" A set of lb7 heads from me in may, gave partcial payment for them and that was it,(was supposed to meet him at the II dyno event that i wasnt even planning on attending, drove 3hours there/back wasted the whole day there trying to contact him and left, got home and he called me saying his phone was acting up and asked if i would drive back down to II and meet him, so i did.he went 4 months ignoring me tell i starting letting people know in his WTB threads that he still owed me money, that finally got his attention to make contact 1 month ago, and said he was going to send me a check as he will not deal with paypal for the rest of the amount he owes me well it has been almost amonth and Still no check has came in the mail Eric, going on week 4 since you said it was mailed off...
where is the money you owe me? when will i see it? i know the post office dont take 4 weeks to mail a check from whyoming to utah...

Last edited:

TRUBBS

Jul 6, 2011
Me and Eric have gotten everything all straighted out & good to go now.
If mods want to clean my post out of this thread & get it back to its original thread then feel free.