One battery. Pros and cons

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
better lock that receipt up in your safe until you need it. :thumb:

lol its in with all my napa receipts that have my "lifetime warranty" on the parts. pretty sure i have some from back in 2007 from my original purchase of my idler/pitman arms lol

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
receipts are always a good thing to keep regardless of the warranty period, i just like knowing what i bought and when

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Single in my 01 but don't run intake heater and glow plugs. I would for sure run 2 in it. Especially with the cold winters. If its a street-daily driver truck you will not see any gains of running one. You can always take one out if going to track.

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
May have a lucky screw up there! haha. So far I'm happy with the Duralast Platinum. Turns over way better than my 3 year old ACdelco battery. The dual terminals for no extra charge was nice and it seemed to have the highest reserve capacity out of all the others I was looking at. When we go camping my stereo is on basically all day, hence why I wanted to put two more batteries on it as well.

ThebigGids

Jun 13, 2011
Bellingham, wa
With the cold winters you'll have id run two. I drove mine with just one for awhile cause I was to lazy to put the other one back in. Started fine most the time but that wasn't in winter time...you could try one...then always go with two if it becomes a problem.

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
right behind the pass side tire on the frame rail. There is more cable up there than you think just have to reroute it

baggedLB7

Goer
May 1, 2011
Utah
I ran a single for almost two years and it worked good except during the winter. If it sat for more than a couple days in the winter time it wouldnt have enough juice to start it. But if I ran it every day or if I left it plugged in it was ok.

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
Its a real shame that odyssey doesn't have side posts or else it would be the most ultimate battery ever.

Could you post up a pic? i would like to do this to mine

Does it fit in the tray on the driver side as for the top post did your lmm cables work fine?

The top post worked fine on my LMM, and just turned the batter around with the top posts being on the side towards the firewall. The cables reach just fine and the battery drops in perfectly in the driver side tray! zero issues at all!

I have no idea if it's the same for the older body styles though.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
The top post worked fine on my LMM, and just turned the batter around with the top posts being on the side towards the firewall. The cables reach just fine and the battery drops in perfectly in the driver side tray! zero issues at all!

I have no idea if it's the same for the older body styles though.

obs from 07 on down use side post, hence our dilemma lol