Old forum member...

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
South Central Pennsylvania
I was just checking in. I was doing some reading and figured I might as well post something. I just sold the 2003 this past Monday.

This place has definitely changed. It's good to see some familiar screen names are still around.

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
TLyons, that's true. The guy that bought my '03 kept asking me questions about the truck. As I was answering, I thought about the helpful information I gleaned from this site and its members. I remembered hanging with forum members at Scheid's and calling MikeL and talking transmissions. One of my best friends, and good fishing buddy, is also a member here. I met him through "The Place" before the sale.

Slim, I used to do a lot of deer hunting. So much so it became like a job. Now I try to put my degree to use and try to see how big, and healthy, I can grow my herd, and my buck, through habitat and herd management. It's been pointed out to me, on more than one occasion, that my deer are my pets.
So now my hunting is me writing the hit list of what needs harvested based on the current state of the herd and some doe hunting the last weekend of gun season if my self-imposed quota is not met (my doe numbers are high due to state regulations and surrounding landowners). My Dad killed his biggest buck ever this year so things are looking up.

It looks like I wrote a book.

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
Hey, Tom! Do you still have the blue truck? Your screen name was one of the familiar names I recognized from back in the day.

I have an LML sitting at the dealership with a "sold" tag on it. I'm just waiting on them to call and say it's ready.

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
TLyons, that's true. The guy that bought my '03 kept asking me questions about the truck. As I was answering, I thought about the helpful information I gleaned from this site and its members. I remembered hanging with forum members at Scheid's and calling MikeL and talking transmissions. One of my best friends, and good fishing buddy, is also a member here. I met him through "The Place" before the sale.

Slim, I used to do a lot of deer hunting. So much so it became like a job. Now I try to put my degree to use and try to see how big, and healthy, I can grow my herd, and my buck, through habitat and herd management. It's been pointed out to me, on more than one occasion, that my deer are my pets.
So now my hunting is me writing the hit list of what needs harvested based on the current state of the herd and some doe hunting the last weekend of gun season if my self-imposed quota is not met (my doe numbers are high due to state regulations and surrounding landowners). My Dad killed his biggest buck ever this year so things are looking up.

It looks like I wrote a book.

That's awesome your dad got his biggest buck this year. Check out these my wife and I harvested.

http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50682&page=2

It starts on page 2 down toward the bottom. The big 8 point has a story, well all 3 actually. The big 8 was on a Saturday during the rut, we were going to put corn out at my dads stand and he needed to put hay out for the cows so he left on the tractor (it was around 2:00 in the afternoon) he hadn't been gone but maybe a minute and he called me and said "come shoot this buck, it's the biggest one I've ever seen" so I grabbed the rifle and ran about 300 yards where he was sitting on the tractor with it still running and the deer about 30 yards away. My yellow lab was with me and when I stopped he sat down and the deer took off running and stopped broadside about 90 yards. The rest is history. The 9 point I shot it with my 9 year old nephew sitting with me, was gonna let him shoot it but he got buck fever. The 13 point I shot it with a compound bow, missed it 2 previous days before it was just meant for me to have it, lol. It was in North Carolina Game & Fish magazine and also North Carolina Sportsman magazine that year. The 10 point my wife shot was in the same spot as the 9 point of mine. I love to hunt, don't shoot as much as I used to mainly watch. Took my 3 year old son with me some this year and he shot 4 with his pop gun, I got it on video. That right there was the best hunt I ever been on! Sorry for the book, lol.

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
Thanks y'all!

Tom, everything being the same is a good thing. I have a buddy who's favorite line to me is "It's alright, you're a Republican, you're afraid of change".

Slim, those are some good buck. Congratulations, man! I know what you mean about seeing success through someone else's eyes. My Dad's buck this year made me happier than any of the buck I have on my wall.

TLyons, how do you like your LML? Anything I should be mindful of?

TLyons90

Apr 22, 2013
Greenville, SC
Thanks y'all!

Tom, everything being the same is a good thing. I have a buddy who's favorite line to me is "It's alright, you're a Republican, you're afraid of change".

Slim, those are some good buck. Congratulations, man! I know what you mean about seeing success through someone else's eyes. My Dad's buck this year made me happier than any of the buck I have on my wall.

TLyons, how do you like your LML? Anything I should be mindful of?

I love it! Only thing that scares me is the dreaded cp4s failing and wiping out the fuel systems. Its not very often but something that makes you think twice before matting the gas or anything. When the money is available throw a fuel system on it and she should be fine without anymore worries!

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
Thanks!

I've been reading on here and the cp4 seems questionable. After owning the design flaw that was the LB7 (though mine was a good truck), and constantly worrying about the fuel system, I'll just plan a cp3 swap. I noticed Brayden was offering a kit.

I plan to leave the warranty intact on the truck a little while. We'll see how long I can deal with a stock truck.