Oil Pressure Gauge Inop After Engine Swap

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
I have a customer that had a blown up engine in his 01, He brought us an 03 engine out of a wrecked lb7 and i have everything running fine but the oil guage is pegged out. I looked at the old sensor and it is a one wire setup and the 03 has a 3 wire pressure sensor or else I would just swap sensors.

Anyone run into this before?

Thanks
Travis

Bluemax

???????????
Sep 25, 2006
Missouri
Yes when I swapped an 02 into my 03. But my gauge now reads 0 at all times. :D
The wire harness is different between 02 and 03 apparently.
My glow plug controller doesn't work now either so you might want to check that out too. I've got an engine harness and the other sensor to put in mine one of these days.:)

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Travis, I think your gonna have to swap the harness out to get it to work.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
I have a customer that had a blown up engine in his 01, He brought us an 03 engine out of a wrecked lb7 and i have everything running fine but the oil guage is pegged out. I looked at the old sensor and it is a one wire setup and the 03 has a 3 wire pressure sensor or else I would just swap sensors.

Anyone run into this before?

Thanks
Travis

yup:eek:

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Yes when I swapped an 02 into my 03. But my gauge now reads 0 at all times. :D
The wire harness is different between 02 and 03 apparently.
My glow plug controller doesn't work now either so you might want to check that out too. I've got an engine harness and the other sensor to put in mine one of these days.:)
I sure hope it doesnt work and is NOT actually keeping the glow plugs on more than it is suppose too
Travis, I think your gonna have to swap the harness out to get it to work.

Another option would be to just use a aftermarket oil press sensor if you cant get the 01 harness

Not a big deal but the sensors are also mounted in different spots