Oil pressure dropping

dharris

EFI live dummy
Oct 22, 2006
Wauchula, Florida
My oil pressure i my truck is running about 20psi while cruising but at Idle it is almost redlining (around 5 psi) and it says oil pressure low on the display screen but there is no check eng. light. I just changed the oil about 750 miles ago. I checked the oil and it has plenty of oil and the truck is running fine. Could it just be the gauge is going out ( 95k miles on the truck) or something else? Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks - D.R.

Last edited:

02freighttrain

Team Salad Bartender
Aug 13, 2006
sootville, Fl
My oil pressure i my truck is running about 20psi while cruising but at Idle it is almost redlining (around 5 psi) and it says oil pressure low on the display screen but there is no check eng. light. I just changed the oil about 750 miles ago. I checked the oil and it has plenty of oil and the truck is running fine. Could it just be the gauge is going out ( 95k miles on the truck) or something else? Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks - D.R.
got any fuel in your oil? Just a thougt, Did you change the injector return seals when you changed the injectors? They can leak under high rail pressure. probably not the problem...

dharris

EFI live dummy
Oct 22, 2006
Wauchula, Florida
yeah when i changed the oil there was ALOT of fuel in the oil. The return seals i dont know but i had them put in professionally so im sure he did. I ordered the fs 2500 bypass oil filter for the fuel in the oil to help with the problem because with the injectors there is alot of smoke. thx- D.R.

02freighttrain

Team Salad Bartender
Aug 13, 2006
sootville, Fl
yeah when i changed the oil there was ALOT of fuel in the oil. The return seals i dont know but i had them put in professionally so im sure he did. I ordered the fs 2500 bypass oil filter for the fuel in the oil to help with the problem because with the injectors there is alot of smoke. thx- D.R.
That sucks. Bet your inj return line seals are leaking. oh sh......, i'll help you if I can. Be easy on the motor until you figure out what's going on.