Oil pressure and fuel gauge not working.

Bako_Dmax

GTO Slayer
Apr 3, 2008
Bako
My dad has an 04 c4500. The oil pressure and fuel gauges are not working on it.

The oil pressure gauge is pegged all the way down like when the truck is off, when I turn the ignition on it does not move at all.

The fuel pressure is the opposite it is pegged all the way past the full mark and does not move either when the truck is shut off or started.

Any ideas?

Bako_Dmax

GTO Slayer
Apr 3, 2008
Bako
No the truck is all stock. I logged it with efi and get readings on the fuel level and oil pressure just nothing at the gauges.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
hmm well i had a similar problem with my truck. all the OEM gauges besides trans temp, tach, and the odometer either died, or showed full. and the security light would come on occasionally. turned out to be an aftermarket speaker wire grounding out on the cd player frame. you may want to check wire connections i could even see a brake controller doing it. hopefully you can get it figured out, if not the stealership is an option. sorry i couldnt be more help though

RKTMech

Idiot with a wrench
Aug 18, 2008
The Norco's
GM had a lot of cluster problems with C/K model trucks, GM extended the warranty for certain model years take it to your local "good" dealer and see if you qualify.