LBZ: Oil out Tailpipe's???

snowman

Evil Diesel Performance
Aug 30, 2010
Manitoba Canada
:mad: So the other day i started the truck to let it warm up and i could smell burning oil??? :confused: So i took a walk around and seen oil dripping out my tail pipes, and they had puddles the size of donuts on the ground. NOT COOL!!! I have the PVC re-route and figured that the line coud be frozen??? Any other thoughts???:confused:

dbenenh0

May 17, 2009
Midland, NC
Is it a new exhaust system? When i went from my 4" to 5" i couldn't figure out why there was oil comin out the exhaust. Turns out it was from the new exhaust and the light coat of oil that was put on it.

dirttymaxx

Nov 15, 2010
sharpsburg,ky
yeah they are diff but i dont see why they wont work. . . the lly charger is a better charger we run a lbz long block and a lly turbo works great,you mite have to change out the sensor,

snowman

Evil Diesel Performance
Aug 30, 2010
Manitoba Canada
nice! now that you mention that, i do recall my buddy with an 05 telling me that his turbo is suppose to be alittle bit better. Maybe i'll look into it tonight. Thanks

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
The turbine ar is bigger on the lly than the lbz/lmm. All of the exhaust & intake system will bolt up the same, not sure on the vane position sensor.

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
If Pat remembers correctly you might just have to trim the connector a bit to get it to plug in.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
It could definetly be the PCV frozen off but I'm sure you checked that. If your dipstick was pushed out that is a tell tale sign of a blocked PCV (or cracked piston) as well.

I have an LBZ turbo with 100 000km on it that was running fine when removed you can have it if you pay the shipping. It does have 3 broken off studs and has been sitting outside for six months though...........
I was just hanging onto it in case someone needed a core return turbo.

snowman

Evil Diesel Performance
Aug 30, 2010
Manitoba Canada
It could definetly be the PCV frozen off but I'm sure you checked that. If your dipstick was pushed out that is a tell tale sign of a blocked PCV (or cracked piston) as well.

I have an LBZ turbo with 100 000km on it that was running fine when removed you can have it if you pay the shipping. It does have 3 broken off studs and has been sitting outside for six months though...........
I was just hanging onto it in case someone needed a core return turbo.

:happy2: sweet thanks man. like i said i'll check the turbo this weekend. And yes i did check the PVC and there was a bit of ice that came out, but seemed like it was still flowing.