"OFFICIAL" What did you do to your D-Max today?

hdrolling

Freedom Defender
May 11, 2011
Fayetteville, NC
My truck was due for a good polish and wax, it's been a couple years! Tried chemical guys products for the first time and I'm sold, polish cutter/polish/ and wax.

Attachments

• IMG_5403.jpg
    IMG_5403.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 38

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
Everyone always asks me why I don't run a tip on my exhaust. So I gave in to peer pressure and tried it out. Pretty happy with the results :thumb::roflmao:

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
LOOKS GOOD!:rofl:

Compensate much....?

I don't always compensate for my manhood, but when i do, its with a HUGE tailpipe on my diesel...

If you're not overcompensating, you're not doing it right:spit:

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
What would be cool...would be if it was on a sliding mechanism, so when the competition tune was loaded, the tip extended to spit soot into the windows of the prius behind and in the lane next to you...or to swipe people off their feet wen taking corners and really getting those annoying pedestrians with a nice and dense, hot, cloud of soot!:woott:

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
90 degree up and turn it into a bumper stack :rofl:

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
You forgot to put some moose ears on the doors to compliment the tip. Never gonna be a real truck until you do that, cmon' man everyone knows that!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

hdrolling

Freedom Defender
May 11, 2011
Fayetteville, NC
So are exhaust tips out of style now? I thought it finished off the look nicely on my truck.

Before and after, tip is a 5" in 6" out.

Attachments

• IMG_5070.jpg
    IMG_5070.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_5260.jpg
    IMG_5260.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 56

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
So are exhaust tips out of style now? I thought it finished off the look nicely on my truck.

Before and after, tip is a 5" in 6" out.

I was more so poking fun at the kids with the 3-to-12" tip setups haha. I've never been a fan of "tips", but I am a fan of a good looking exhaust "setup", which can include a tasteful tip haha.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
I was bored and tired of looking at the chrome tip and had some pipe leftover from the install of the exhaust.

Went from this
=
=
34dkbv7.jpg

=
=
=
To this, now the shrubs no longer are burnt/poisoned by the exhaust. Then realized I might have to re-install the above so the "Techs" at the emission inspection station can attach/hang the particulate measuring tube during the snap tests. To date no soot buildup under the truck...
=
=
=
hrh8jb.jpg

=
=
=
=

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I was bored and tired of looking at the chrome tip and had some pipe leftover from the install of the exhaust.

Went from this
=
=
34dkbv7.jpg

=
=
=
To this, now the shrubs no longer are burnt/poisoned by the exhaust. Then realized I might have to re-install the above so the "Techs" at the emission inspection station can attach/hang the particulate measuring tube during the snap tests. To date no soot buildup under the truck...
=
=
=
hrh8jb.jpg

=
=
=
=

they will still test it with that turn down. My exhaust runs to the back of the cab, then has a 6" turn down tip on it. they have to climb under the truck each time but they have only fussed about the exhaust one time when they couldnt get the computer to read anything.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Thanks James, I'll not spend the time reinstalling the tailpipe..:thumb: I did notice a little different tone and a new vibration/harmonics noise at idle in the cab since installing the short piece of pipe.

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
Mike you will be fine. The chassis cab configurations/medium duty all factory dump in front of the axle. As long as there is enough room to slide a hose over it. I have to crawl under trucks constantly at work when I do an emissions test.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
What would be cool...would be if it was on a sliding mechanism, so when the competition tune was loaded, the tip extended to spit soot into the windows of the prius behind and in the lane next to you...or to swipe people off their feet wen taking corners and really getting those annoying pedestrians with a nice and dense, hot, cloud of soot!:woott:
Clean out your inbox

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk