"OFFICIAL" What did you do to your D-Max today?

bubbaburger911

Jul 14, 2014
New Jersey
Picked up my bumper from paint. Installing it tomorrow after work
picture.php

Stancedlb7

Cummin Stroke this Duramax
Feb 9, 2015
SLC, UTAH
Yeah, I actually pulled the wheel well off yesterday and had a stare off with the stock down pipe. It won, ten minutes later I put the wheel well back on. I'm going to have to get real motivated the attempt to get my big meat claws up in there to loosen any of those bolts, for now I'll keep researching all the tips and tricks. The ratchet strap method is looking the easiest so far.......

On a positive note I was able to get my Edge EAS EGR probe to start working correctly by cleaning and relocating one of my ground straps on the firewall, I knew it was a ground issue because after I would shut down the truck it would read correctly. Baby steps.....

There you go! Love finding ground issues. I was messing with my nitrous solenoid for ever today. She wouldn't fire! Ended up being bad ground.

On the down pipe issue, yah I broke three China made wrenches trying to get mine out. She's a beast for sure. Don't blame you for procrastinating tho it took me three weeks before I decided to look at the solenoid today. :roflmao:

The exhaust looks good btw

hdrolling

Freedom Defender
May 11, 2011
Fayetteville, NC
There you go! Love finding ground issues. I was messing with my nitrous solenoid for ever today. She wouldn't fire! Ended up being bad ground.

On the down pipe issue, yah I broke three China made wrenches trying to get mine out. She's a beast for sure. Don't blame you for procrastinating tho it took me three weeks before I decided to look at the solenoid today. :roflmao:

The exhaust looks good btw

Thanks, I have a black 5" in 6" out exhaust tip coming so that should make it look a little more finished.

Once the temps here in NC get below the upper 90's and 100% humidity I'll get in there and get it installed. It looks like the down pipe will be easier, and after that's out the EGR shouldn't be too bad? Hopefully my Kobalt wrenches survive, if not I have a lifetime warranty at Lowes so I'll get them replaced. I have at least three on hand right now so that should save me a trip!

Here's a vid of the exhaust, I should have thought about what I was going to say before starting it. Next time I'll use my big bow voice!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE1-Tbzij-8

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Lmm downpipe is cake, if your scared of an lmm downpipe don't buy an lb7 :roflmao: . I think they are all stupid easy but I've done quite a few.

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
Been chasing a drivetrain noise for two weeks now. With the truck on stands light brake applied and 20 MPH on the speedometer the sound seemed to come from the center of the rear drive shaft. I replaced the middle u-joint it was bad, one dry cap but no change. Replaced the carrier bearing and still no change. I then replace the u-joints at both ends with still no change. I then put a string line on the shafts and found the front shaft has a 3 to 5° twist in it... So I have ordered a one piece aluminum shaft and buth yokes with 1480 joints hope it cures it. It is an irritating harmonic whoo whoo whoo sound from 30 to 50 MPH...

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Installed a new axle seal on driver rear since it decided to take a dump last weekend on my trip and piss all over my wheel. Finally installed my driver side inner fender, plus got a shiny tip installed on the exhaust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk