Off Season Sled Pulling Mods

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
Only reason I ask is I know an idiot that went too big. Twice. :(.

Hard to compare since I had an auto though and I think it would have been a different ball game if I had 4500 rpm on the line.

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario

Hard to compare since I had an auto though and I think it would have been a different ball game if I had 4500 rpm on the line.

Never really thought of being able to have it to big but I think with a standard I should be able to spool a 98mm GT55 with these. I'll tell you better after the first pull.

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana

4500rpm, phsssss! We leave the line well over 5K with the ZF6 or dropbox trucks which helps alot spooling big turbos out of the hole. Shold be interesting to see how these headers work out, time will tell...

timlb703

Aug 20, 2007
4500rpm, phsssss! We leave the line well over 5K with the ZF6 or dropbox trucks which helps alot spooling big turbos out of the hole. Shold be interesting to see how these headers work out, time will tell...

Whats the point if abusing a engine leaving at 5k+ rpm? Maybe I run a smaller single but never had to spin it like that.

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
Whats the point if abusing a engine leaving at 5k+ rpm? Maybe I run a smaller single but never had to spin it like that.

Seemed to work well for ya, too.

I know myself and others would like to know what you are up to right now with a truck, Tim. This is the appropriate thread for updates too you know.

quadracer37

Mar 31, 2009
northern, IL

i agree... i dont understand why people need to spin a dmax over 5k? our 3.0 comes to life around 3700 and start slipping out of the hole at about 4700-4800

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
That is a nice shop Jim :thumb:

Its nice. Helps he keeps it clean. Now if he could just finish off the horse barn. That would be a nice shop.

Jim, do you remember if the still require factory frame rails for the ODL class?. I always threw the idea around of building a chassis while Im a tightass right now then putting the expensive stuff in it someday.

Dont miss the tractor we had really but doing HGs on Johnny h. truck this weekend talking about the good ol days made me think about it again.

On the other hand I still need to get that blue truck done once I get caught up on all these other ones and I still wanna spend whatever spending money I have left after the wedding on fixing up the ol W900 KW.

some stuff we're working on for this season
View attachment 26324

Something I've been wondering, whats to say I couldn't make that out of some cheap tubing and plate? I wouldn't think of doing something like that on a customer truck or anything but just toying with it for my own cheap ass if someday I did do something.

Thinking of building a truck cheap using all of you guys parts from last year :). I do a lot of fab so the type of material is simply the expensive part.

timlb703

Aug 20, 2007
Seemed to work well for ya, too.

I know myself and others would like to know what you are up to right now with a truck, Tim. This is the appropriate thread for updates too you know.

I keep quiet. I am working on it and making good progress. It is set up to run the mod claas. Most of the engine parts are done. Now for assembly.