Odd LML issue...

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
So I have a 2012 LML in the shop for general maintenance. Looks like the air filter either got clogged up horribly or extremely wet at one time as the cheesy plastic framework that is there to hold the filter from getting sucked in was broken into numerous pieces. Very poor design if you ask me as there were just a few plastic welds barely holding these pieces from being sucked into the turbo. Anyhow, apparently the only replacement air box is what comes on the 2013+ models which includes a hole for the air quality sensor. The dealerships were no use and one just said figure out how to clog the hole somehow. I know it's probably a rare issue but I just thought is was just kinda unprofessional to be installing an original GM part and then telling the customer that we have to modify it to make it work correctly on his 3 year old truck.

nar

Now with less _
Feb 7, 2008
Wyoming
Put an s&b intake on it instead. That's what I ended up doing after getting a hole in my lml filter housing. They have a dry filter with a fine particle wrap.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Put an s&b intake on it instead. That's what I ended up doing after getting a hole in my lml filter housing. They have a dry filter with a fine particle wrap.

the problem is explaining to your customer that you cant get parts for your 2 year old truck and now you need to buy this air intake system. that can be a real issue for people. it also makes the customer think your just trying to up sell something to them. sucks

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
the problem is explaining to your customer that you cant get parts for your 2 year old truck and now you need to buy this air intake system. that can be a real issue for people. it also makes the customer think your just trying to up sell something to them. sucks

Exactly. Luckily the customer was understanding and knew it was an issue with GM and not us. Plasma cut out a nice little blocker plate and sealed it to the hole. :thumb:

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach

Like no cranks available... stupid gm...