OBS stroker wheels on LBZ

aaro9991

Oct 1, 2019
So clean that’s what I’m after with the Chevy hub caps too. Although I can’t decide if I want black since my truck is gray stone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aaro9991

Oct 1, 2019
The original set I was after fell through but I am after another set off an OBS powerstroke. Looking forward to sharing this once I get them

aaro9991

Oct 1, 2019
Well boys, here it is!!! I love the look and will take more pictures tomorrow. It was getting real cold when I finished so I quickly buttoned it up and went inside.

And I’m really liking the look without hub caps

65ac012bbcda1bcbce449d41dd8654d8.jpeg

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
Well boys, here it is!!! I love the look and will take more pictures tomorrow. It was getting real cold when I finished so I quickly buttoned it up and went inside.

And I’m really liking the look without hub caps

65ac012bbcda1bcbce449d41dd8654d8.jpeg

Have any more pictures of it?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
Sorry about that here’s a couple more when I was on my way home from work!
c18d857f717e06001b7d920440e7a83a.jpg

a55fa6b367a9bc2793d2d81f64da9361.jpg

960b35d6d7cd310070e5d12ca74cc651.jpg

Looks awesome! I always wanted a set of those old super single wheels when I was younger

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

aaro9991

Oct 1, 2019
I’m debating if I want to paint them black. I may plastidip for a couple months to see how I like it before I commit to a full paint job on them. I will be color matching the chrome on the bumpers then I won’t have any chrome on the truck

fajitatone

Almost Stock
Jul 6, 2007
WA
www.fajita.net
I’m debating if I want to paint them black. I may plastidip for a couple months to see how I like it before I commit to a full paint job on them. I will be color matching the chrome on the bumpers then I won’t have any chrome on the truck

I did that with the wife's BMW. Haven't changed the wheels in 3 years.:ROFLMAO:

I DO have a staggered set of black powdercoated BMW wheels in the garage, just need tires.

Reactions: aaro9991

sneaky98gt

Nov 5, 2013
Looks like you've already got it settled out, but just to clarify on some earlier comments in this thread. I've seen this myth all over the internet pretty much forever.

Whether a wheel is hub- or lug- centric is only relevant when mounting the wheel up. The purpose of either of those features is to make sure the wheel is concentric to the hub when mounting, so that it runs true.

Once the wheel is mounted, neither the hub ring nor the tapered lug nuts carry ANY load. With all 8 lugs tightened, you've got well in excess of 100k pounds of clamp load. No force the wheel realistically might see can overcome that, and therefore, the hub ring or lug nuts never carry any of those forces. They're for centering the wheel during mounting only.

aaro9991

Oct 1, 2019
I did that with the wife's BMW. Haven't changed the wheels in 3 years.:ROFLMAO:

I DO have a staggered set of black powdercoated BMW wheels in the garage, just need tires.

Yeah this weekend I’ll plastidip and post some pics! But heck if it lasts maybe I can get away for a full season and use the money for some go fast parts!

aaro9991

Oct 1, 2019
Looks like you've already got it settled out, but just to clarify on some earlier comments in this thread. I've seen this myth all over the internet pretty much forever.

Whether a wheel is hub- or lug- centric is only relevant when mounting the wheel up. The purpose of either of those features is to make sure the wheel is concentric to the hub when mounting, so that it runs true.

Once the wheel is mounted, neither the hub ring nor the tapered lug nuts carry ANY load. With all 8 lugs tightened, you've got well in excess of 100k pounds of clamp load. No force the wheel realistically might see can overcome that, and therefore, the hub ring or lug nuts never carry any of those forces. They're for centering the wheel during mounting only.

This is a great explanation of it. I didn’t end up using a ring but I torqued it in the star pattern with a torque wrench and our conical lug nuts did a good job of aligning it properly