Not getting power to rear passenger window

tkerb92

Mar 21, 2020
Door lock actuator power and grounds are different than the window motor circuits. However, the one common component between both is connector C396, the connector in the door hinge area which everything feeds through. Also check for broken wires inside the rubber boot, as a previous poster said. Keep in mind, that the wires can break internally from flexing at the hinge point while the insulation stays intact. Only way to verify connection is to use an ohm meter. Also make sure that the door locks don't suddenly start working when the door is open. Broken wires can make connection when flexed the right direction sometimes.
Okay so was searching in the door jam for broken wires then I pulled the b pillar off to get a better look at the plug. I found a mouse nest and all the wires were chewed through.
So I spliced them all back together but still no power to the window or the locks.
So I traced the harness across to make sure nothing else was chewed through and found my wires for the air bag so got that fixed.
I didn’t find anything else though.
Do you know which exact fuses would be for that door?

tkerb92

Mar 21, 2020
Okay so was searching in the door jam for broken wires then I pulled the b pillar off to get a better look at the plug. I found a mouse nest and all the wires were chewed through.
So I spliced them all back together but still no power to the window or the locks.
So I traced the harness across to make sure nothing else was chewed through and found my wires for the air bag so got that fixed.
Actually door locks do work now. The lever was just jammed a little so It wasnt moving enough to engage.

dndj

Boost!
Apr 13, 2019
Oregon

Did you test left vs. right as discussed in post #16? That would tell you if there is power down at the right door window switch.

tkerb92

Mar 21, 2020
C88464FA-B3BE-4D10-AF00-48A4E8D5D89F.jpeg
here’s the readings I got.
Power voltage was pretty strange on the passenger side. It started around 6.5 and would slowly drop and continue to drop. I shut the truck off, turned it back on and tested again and got the same results.
I also checked the ground in the pillar and they are good. So I checked voltage where I repaired the wire before the splice and got the same reading there to verify a good connection.

dndj

Boost!
Apr 13, 2019
Oregon
Yup - looks like an issue with +12v power on the right side. 6v is way low, and when you press the window up or down, it drops to zero with a load. Need to trace back until you find a good solid +12v (12-14v) on the orange wire. Could be a resistive contact in a connector. Power for the right side driver and passenger windows should come from a 25A circuit breaker in the the I/P relay block, down on the inside firewall to the left of the brake pedal. Since your right passenger front works, it must be a break in the wire or a bad connection on the C396 connector between this point and the door switch.

tkerb92

Mar 21, 2020
I’ll test power at the circuit breaker next and see what I got there. Hopefully it’s 12-14v and if that’s the case I should be able to just run a new positive wire back to the door jam correct?
Good news though, I found two more broken wires while tracing the harness and repaired them so now my airbag light went out