Not Allison rebuild question

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
First off, this is not about an Allison, but I imagine that most transmission experts like Mike knew a LOT about more than just one transmission. That being said, hopefully some of the experts here are familiar with Ford's 4R70W and can give me some pointers.

I have a 95 Cougar, that currently has a transmission out of a 99 Mustang, that has been working well, but more recently, has been getting real hot real fast, suggesting that 'something' is slipping.

I also have a transmission that I pulled from an 04 CVPI that is intended to be rebuilt and installed in the Cougar.

I have also built two Allisons with guidance and parts from Mike, the second of which is still alive in my truck after something like a decade of my heavy foot.

That being said, are there any experts here that could give me pointers on rebuilding a 4R70W, and maybe offer a kit? I mean, I know I could go to fleabay and get kits galore, but if Evan (for example - since Mikes passing, Evan is kind of the gold standard now, no offence intended) could get me a kit for a 4R70W, suffice to say, I'd trust that FAR more than random fleabay kits.