LB7: No start help for 2001 LB7

jrkrace

May 4, 2008
Connecticut
Hi Gang,

I am wondering about a problem I'm having with a no start condition on my buddy's 2001 LB7 dually with 12,000 original miles..

Here's the deal...

1. He had leaks under the drivers door when he shut the truck off. It still ran but kept getting worse. He comes out to go to work and tries to start it and it cranks fine, but won't start...

2. Buys a brand new AirDog and installs it. The hose to the engine is run up to the connections underhood to bypass all the leaky lines. Fire up the AirDog and find a bad motor out of the box. Get that fixed and get the system bled.No leaks anywhere..

3. Replace the Puralator Filter and find a lot of crud. Install a TP3018 and bleed again. Plunger hold prime and no leaks. Also pulled the sender to check the pickup tube. That's fine..

4. Check rail pressure on crank and get 22K on my Edge Insight.

5. Security light is on after cranking, check for codes and find the antitheft code. Do an ECM relearn and clear the code. I was hitting the starter for a few seconds between each time, and don't know if it makes a difference. I read that your supposed to just do a quick bump. Buddy says that the security light was always on when he drove it. (?)

6. Find out there was a BullyDog Triple Dog tune in it, so returned ECM back to stock.

7. Check FICM wiring for rubbing and shorts along with the bail connectors..

8. Found the thick ground wire rotted off the frame and reattached it.

Guys....I am stumped...I appreciate any more ideas....Thanks..

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
It's a 2001 and has 12K miles on it is the biggest problem. Hopefully someone can point you in the right direction!

jrkrace

May 4, 2008
Connecticut
Did you ever get the security code to go away? That will stop it dead for sure, so take care of that first.

I'd get it to go away after the 2nd ECM relearn cycle. I would scan it to be sure and there were no codes in the ECM before and after I tried to start it...

mebob2001

Oct 31, 2014
Riverview, new brunswick
Security light is probably preventing it from starting. Pull codes from the BCM. Not ECM to see what's going on there. I've seen IP fuse blocks corrode and cause the security system do funky shit. Took me while to figure it all out. Circuit had the voltage but not the.amprage. anyways get that light figure out. If your hitting 22k rail pressure cranking that seems high. What's the rail pressure key on engine off? It should read 1.1 to 1.4 mpa with key on engine off

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

jrkrace

May 4, 2008
Connecticut
Got it to run... buddy did another relearn for the hell of it and got it to fire....said the light wasn't going out like it should of, but it fired up anyway. I'll check the IP fuse block.

Thanks for the help anyway..