No fueling with throttle and rpms

DMAX497

Sep 27, 2012
Utah
Forewarning typed from my phone.

Went to the track last night and has issues after the first pass. But let me give you a run down leading up the track.

Thursday night was testing different tunes and found one that shifted amazing and the Chargers light super quick and was running the best, I feel, the truck has ever run. Load the truck on the trailer.

Go to the track... Make one pass on my base tune ( long story ) and run an 11.6 with a shitty 1.8 60ft. Didn't know I was on my base tune till I pulled back around to the pits.

Anyways let truck idle and cool down shut off and we are going to give her hell next pass.

Go up to the line for the second pass. Everything seem normal and ready to go. Go to start spooling up and the truck starts hesitating and there is no fuel coming on and it was intermittent with the throttle. I pull off the line and drive back to the pits.

In park, drive, or neutral, the truck acts like there is no fuel coming in with the throttle. If you hold the throttle to the floor it takes maybe 10 seconds to get to 3 k rpm in neutral? Then sometimes if you hold the throttle at a certain position the truck would not misfire but the rpms would be all over the place. And the smoke would be black ( no grey or white ) and randomly sputter smoke out etc. no clue wtf is going on.

My friends have a tech 2 with them and we start diving into the truck and logged things.

- Rail follows desired no problem.

- maf was working and even swapped maf with another one out of a different truck.

- tps is working according to tech 2 and logs.

- no odd rattles or anything. Idles super smooth etc.

- no check engine light

- starts right up like normal.

- unplugged maf to see if it will fuel hard. Nothing.

- no codes set besides my AC ones ( AC is out of truck ) and that was it. Actually was one for high voltage for a fuel sensor I'll have to get the code tonight. But this fuel sensor code has always been there.

- would rev to 3k slowly... Sometimes not even last 2k like in a ghost limp mode? Acts like it is in limp mode? No check engine light all last night...

- also sometimes after beating on it hard my battery light will come on and say battery not charging. Brand new batteries two months old. And the alertnator has maybe 5k miles on it.

Everything is doing what the truck is commanding it to do.

I full flash a different tune in and all the sudden the truck came to life. Then two seconds later after letting off the throttle nothing.

I then flash my stock clean file into the truck full flash. Then full flash a good tune that has always worked etc... Worked right after flashing trucks comes to life for one test on the throttle then nothing. Seemed after I would cal flash the tune the truck would come to life the first time on throttle then be screwed again. Not sure if ECM is bad?

After four hours of dicking with the truck in the parking lot. I put in drive pull up to trailer to go home. Truck comes to life all the sudden. Spools awesome etc. put in revserse to go make a pass. Then nothing again.

Load on trailer and now I am here posting this morning for any leads...

Thinking bad ground somewhere? Some wire somewhere is messed up...

Set up -

Built motor
dual 120% pumps
350% injector
S475 over s510...
Dual fass pumps with fuel cell.

Truck was running PERFECT until last night and this weird gremlin.

Blackmax123

Aug 2, 2014
central Pennsylvania
Have you read the resistance on the throttle pedal itself? I've seem the pedals corrode and short out on trucks at work and they'll do all kinds of funny stuff. Some time almost as you describe some time they'll sit and idle fine. Tap the throttle and they'll sit there stuck half throttle. Maybe the connector just came loose.

DMAX497

Sep 27, 2012
Utah
Went out yesterday... Started truck up on the trailer. Is acting completely normal. Crawled underneath to look at ground on the motor and everything looked good.

This blue clip on the injector harness was popped out and the white part wasn't in all the way... Maybe that was the problem? But there were no codes or anything.

Still going to have the truck looked over with couple sets of eyes.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 14