LB7: No fuel

REDHOSS02

hard n heavy
Jan 14, 2009
F U im from TEXAS
Did the engine rebuild! After everything was hooked up and oil was in we primed the fuel and the truck started. After the fuel in the filter was gone the truck would not start again. Un hooked the fuel lines on the driverside coming from the tank and turned the key. No fuel! Help help help!!! Thanks guys!

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I'm guessing you don't have a lift pump.

Your gonna have to pump the crap out of the primer pump on the filter base as all your fuel lines are likely empty. Or keep removing the filter and filling it and running it dry until you get the fuel up to filter from the tank.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
as stated in that post there are no electric fuel pumps on dmaxes unless you added it your self , as others have suggested keep filling the fuel filter and keep primming with the hand pump and you will get it , might even take 10+ start ups , mine did after i relocated my fuel filter and the lines were dry and i have a lift pump still takes a while .

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
But when you turn the key on the pump should be pumping fuel thru the lines to the filter correct?

Nope-not unless you have installed an aftermarket lift pump. The fuel pump relay you see in the fuse box is for the vans-they use the same fuse box.

The trucks have not used an electric lift pump since the 6.5 was replaced by the Dmax.

The Neens

BFD
Staff member
Aug 10, 2006
Monrovia, Ca.
Nope-not unless you have installed an aftermarket lift pump. The fuel pump relay you see in the fuse box is for the vans-they use the same fuse box.

The trucks have not used an electric lift pump since the 6.5 was replaced by the Dmax.

By reading his sig, he doesn't have one.

Just figured that out after a re-read...I'm a little slow on Mondays...

rgullett83

Oct 27, 2008
Illinois
off topic but.........love the new avatar neens.

on topic prime the heck out of it, and or loosen the bleeder screw on top of the filter housing, and take an air hose to the filler neck and put some air in the tank, until nothing but fuel comes out of the bleeder, but dont put to much pressure in there.

REDHOSS02

hard n heavy
Jan 14, 2009
F U im from TEXAS
As of yesterday afternoon i noticed i had diesel on the ground coming from the bellhousing. Through the little port on the bottom and around the bellhousing. I first thought cp3, i figured it was leaking from the cp3 and flowing down the valley of the block to the rear.a further inspection proved that there was no fuel in the valley. The codes ran show that there is low fuel rail pressure. And i can see why (its leaking) but from where? Its in the rear somewhere and i cant for the life of me remember the fuel lines on the rear of the engine.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
As of yesterday afternoon i noticed i had diesel on the ground coming from the bellhousing. Through the little port on the bottom and around the bellhousing. I first thought cp3, i figured it was leaking from the cp3 and flowing down the valley of the block to the rear.a further inspection proved that there was no fuel in the valley. The codes ran show that there is low fuel rail pressure. And i can see why (its leaking) but from where? Its in the rear somewhere and i cant for the life of me remember the fuel lines on the rear of the engine.

check your fuel rails , and the return line and suction line ( feed from tank ) lines come up the bell housing and have connections at the back of the drivers side of the motor , also check the splitter block right next to the intake ybridge .

Last edited:

REDHOSS02

hard n heavy
Jan 14, 2009
F U im from TEXAS
pulled the tranny and it was leaking from the rear main seal because there was too much diesel in the crank case. so the leak is internal. pulled the valve covers and i am in the process of checking the lines!