LB7: No compression

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Mitch

Ive had bad experiance with low milage injectors!

Purchase injectors from a KNOWN buyer and be done with it! Kennedy diesel SUCKS!!!!!!!!! Bad injector and you have to beg to buy a whole new set!!!!!!! FWIW:mad:

wdino73

Sep 25, 2009
Versailles, Ky
I know that I'm new to this but I'm no dummy, I was told that my injectors are a 150hp, I know for a fact that the valves with my cam set at 10 an 10 (thousands) When I brought number 7 up to TDC u couldn't move the rocket arms an forget about getting a feeler guage in, so with the cam that I'm running when it opens the valves and your running say 35psi of boost imagine the air that is going in the cylinder way more than there should be, an what happens when u crack the oxygen valve on the torch, just think about that before we start talking about injectors caused this, no always are the injectors the bad guys, I'm just thankful for the electronics that are on these trucks, my journey has been one hell of a ride, I've never took any short cuts or bought cheap shit, I've just but my trust in the wrong people, my truck is in my shop an when I get it back running this time I will have turned and torque and inspected every part in my motor, how many other guys can say that, I love you all, an Thanks again for all the support.

wdino73

Sep 25, 2009
Versailles, Ky
BEN U ROCK, I'LL MAKE A DIESEL MECHANIC OUT OF YOU WITH THE ON THE JOB TRAINING IN MY SHOP. lol. DONT SPEND NO MORE MONEY AT SCHOOL MY SCHOOL IS FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
THANKS AGAIN BEN U WHERE A BIG HELP. EVEN THOUGH U COULDN'T FIND MY 3FT SCREWDRIVER, LOL INSIDE JOKE DON'T RIDE HIM GUYS

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
I know that I'm new to this but I'm no dummy, I was told that my injectors are a 150hp, I know for a fact that the valves with my cam set at 10 an 10 (thousands) When I brought number 7 up to TDC u couldn't move the rocket arms an forget about getting a feeler guage in, so with the cam that I'm running when it opens the valves and your running say 35psi of boost imagine the air that is going in the cylinder way more than there should be, an what happens when u crack the oxygen valve on the torch, just think about that before we start talking about injectors caused this, no always are the injectors the bad guys, I'm just thankful for the electronics that are on these trucks, my journey has been one hell of a ride, I've never took any short cuts or bought cheap shit, I've just but my trust in the wrong people, my truck is in my shop an when I get it back running this time I will have turned and torque and inspected every part in my motor, how many other guys can say that, I love you all, an Thanks again for all the support.

too much air from that miss adjustment valve is not going to turn your injector into a blow torch , miss adjusted valve could make it hang down though and slightly contact the piston though , injector sticking open can and will be turned into a blow torch though , and also some food for thought running way too much timing and pulse width for your hard parts (big injectors /ppe on 10 ) can send cylinder pressure through the roof , once its that high , a piston that has been over heated ( from the poor tuning combo ) is likely to blow out in the spot that has the most heat , basically the center of the injector . call me tomarrow like we discussed .

Last edited:

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Mitch

Ive had bad experiance with low milage injectors!

Purchase injectors from a KNOWN buyer and be done with it! Kennedy diesel SUCKS!!!!!!!!! Bad injector and you have to beg to buy a whole new set!!!!!!! FWIW:mad:

Simon, that's why I suggested having his tested.

Sounds like he's got it figured out though and doesn't think his injectors are suspect.

I know it's real easy for us to tell him to do things that cost more money cause it's not our money or our situation and I understand how that might hit a nerve after he's already spent hundreds and thousands of dollars on this thing already. There aren't but a few companies that sell injectors for a dmax based on a HP rating instead of % overbore or % increase in flow and after speaking with my contact, who has probably tested more injectors (stock and modded) than ANY shop in the country and says more are bad than good. Take that for what it's worth. I know what it means to me. There is a very short list of people I'd buy injectors from. None of them rate them by HP. In fact, I'd be more inclined to using my own known good injectors and just having the tips honed out by extrude hone and have no testing done (this is if on a budget and don't have unlimited funds for high dollar injectors) before buying complete injectors from some of these companies.

If Dean doesn't want to spend a few hundred dollars to eliminate them as being a problem area, then so be it. Like I said, I can sorta understand that because of the money he's already spent. If I were in his shoes though, it'd be some good peace of mind if nothing else. Then again, if they came back from testing as being good, then it would seem like a waste of a few hundred dollars that was unnecessary to spend. I know I don't have a few hundred to be wasting so I can understand being apprehensive on having them checked.

That was a bit scatter brained. Just really hope it works out for you this time around Dean. :beer I honestly can't imagine how I'd feel if I were in your shoes.

wdino73

Sep 25, 2009
Versailles, Ky
Thanks Mitch, I listen to every comment, I really do, but my budget is very bad, with the economy and the injury I have from the 2 story fall that summer, which I lost 4 months of work over, I'm self employeed by the way so if I don't work I don't get paid, things are very hard for me and my family right now, this break down was something I really didn't need right now that's for sure, Thanks for you comments I do hear what u are saying, The guy that started doing my work which I'm sure u know told me that the injectors were 150hp, I now know that dmax injectors are rated by % homed, I don't know what that number is, like I said the only thing I'm guilty of is putting my trust in the wrong person, or it feels that away, Thank Mitch

Last edited:

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Hey buddy, I TOTALLY understand the money thing cause I got none of it! I was really just trying to say I understand your frustration and not wanting to have them tested on the account of cost. Thats understandable.

However, unless the truck is a main source of transportation and you have to have it back up and running asap, I'd hold off on completing it til they were tested. That's just my $0.02. Clearly, you can tell me to pound sand on that idea and go right on bud. It's not gonna hurt my feelings, I'm just trying to help a little. Just wish I could help more. :eek:

You'll get 'er back together soon enough I'm sure.

C-ya

wdino73

Sep 25, 2009
Versailles, Ky
Hey you've been a big help Thank you so much, I talked to Trent who is a really nice guy, we talked and we're all on the same page, I'm still dizzy but I'm learning who hit me. LOL
Thanks to all of u and if I can be of any help to anyone in the future please just ask.

wdino73

Sep 25, 2009
Versailles, Ky
I've got all my parts waiting on the Injectors, hopefully I can start putting it together this weekend get it running the first of next week, I hope, thanks again for all your help, you guys are the best,
Good people like u is the reason these siteS work, I just hope in the future I can be as much help to others as u guys have been to me. Good Bless You All. My your families grow an prosper and all your children and grandchildren grow up health, wealth and strong, AMEN :thumb::hug:

Last edited:

wdino73

Sep 25, 2009
Versailles, Ky
I had Dieseil Injection test them, they were good, but only flowed 50hp, they were supposed to be 150hp, after alot of calling an bitching to II they finally agreed today that they weren't 150hp, (numbers don't lie) so I'm sending them the injectors tomorrow should have the new set of 150hp midweek of next, you can believe I'll have them flowed before I install them, I'm not falling for any tricks this time, Get me once shame on u, get me twice shame on me,