LB7: No boost/low power.

White Duramax

Jun 25, 2008
ohio
I am working on a buddies LB7 that has a low power problem. The motor was just put back in after having a piston replaced. No codes. Logging with efi it does not build more than 1 psi of boost total. Fuel pressure is right at desired, pulse seems to never be above 1100us. I have checked for boost leaks, checked intake system, checked turbo, all seems normal. One thing I did notice was that when checking data at idle, the calculated boost on efi shows 10.1 psi. Baro is 13.9-14.1 and map is about the same. MAf is around 5lbs at idle IIRC. I dont have another LB7 to compare to but my LLY shows calculated boost at 0 at an idle. Any advice? Thanks

wdino73

Sep 25, 2009
Versailles, Ky
well for my 2 cents, check the waste gate to see if its broken, unhook the actuator if u and spin the linkage then bingo, also simple enough fuel filter...Good Luck...

wdino73

Sep 25, 2009
Versailles, Ky
U need to disconnect it, it will move freely with the acutator off,, also what's the balance rates look like I have a reason for asking....

White Duramax

Jun 25, 2008
ohio
No codes currently, when I first hooked up to it, it had a couple map and maf codes but I cleared them and I they haven't came back yet.

$Smokin_Duradog$

Sep 16, 2006
Goshen, IN
Are you running the stock cal for the truck? If not did you run a script and forget to check that you ran it in the same properties standard or metric?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
MAF or boost sensor (on the intake next to the intake heater) could be broken/dirty? An electrical plug possibly not fully seated?

03 lb7

Jan 13, 2014
I lost boost at wot after what sounded like a hose blowing. Can’t find a boost leak anywhere. It’s got a fleece cheetah turbo, Bigger injectors, built trans, standard bolt ons, and a quadzilla stealth 2 programmer.