Nissan Duramax

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
wow! very very cool!

weird too we just had someone call here the other day from Aust. looking for some dmax harnesses. we sent him over to PPE.

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
That looks killa! Are those boxes on the back just storage areas? Very, very cool Nissan!

Oh and is Willowbank where Jamboree is held? Wish i could go to that!
Im a subscriber to Rotorg33k's Youtube channel, love it! QSR, Matouk, PAC....Some bad cars!

QSR Nick's RX3 FTW! Any one that can ride on/off the wheelie bars cross the 1/4 mile mark is a bad puppy!

heathgu

Mar 6, 2007
Sunshine Coast, QLD Australia
Questions answered.

Hey guys, Thanks for all the positive comments.

Was a little slower at the track then last time. The wheels and tires did not show up that i was going to use. So i used the rockstars and ATZ. The wheels and tires are very heavy (49kg 107lbs per wheel and tire) and i could feel it. The best pass of the night was a 12.41 at 107mph. I am just waiting on the videos to post up. Mike i ran some 32x10.5-16 on factory nissan alloys last time at the track, I think they weight something like 20kgs 44lbs each. So a massive difference.

I have order some 15x10 alloys and some 30x12.5 15 Mickey thompson Et street radials. See how we go with them.

To answer some of the questions, The transfer case is a standard nissan item, chain driven. Seems to be holding well considering what i am asking, they are also widely available at wreckers for a couple hundred dollars.

Ally box on the back is a sealed storage box which i remove for racing. It incorporates a 35L tank in the bottom.

The nissan had a 4.2L indirect injection Turbo diesel. Good old motor but inefficient and expensive to make any good power from. I had a lot of work done on it, but it was no longer reliable in the end.

Cheers Heath

Last edited:

Mike

hmmm....
Feb 17, 2007
San Angelo, TX
Hey guys, Thanks for all the positive comments.

Was a little slower at the track then last time. The wheels and tires did not show up that i was going to use. So i used the rockstars and ATZ. These wheels and tires are very heavy (49kg 107lbs per wheel and tire) and i could feel it. The best pass of the night was a 12.41 at 107mph. I am just waiting on the videos to post up. Mike i ran some 32x10.5-16 on factory nissan alloys last time at the track, I think they weight something like 20kgs 44lbs each. So a massive difference.

I have order some 15x10 alloys and some 30x12.5 15 Mickey thompson Et street radials. See how we go with them.

To answer some of the questions, The transfer case is a standard nissan item, chain driven. Seems to be holding well considering what i am asking, they are also widely available at wreckers for a couple hundred dollars.

Ally box on the back is a sealed storage box which i remove for racing. It incorporates a 35L tank in the bottom.

The nissan had a 4.2L indirect injection Turbo diesel. Good old motor but inefficient and expensive to make any good power from. I had a lot of work done on it, but it was no longer reliable in the end.

Cheers Heath

Thanks for the update Heath. My understanding of your tnt runs is you were spinning the tires up the track a little ways. Was this true?

408.Luke

Joined the DARKSIDE
Sep 19, 2009
Houston
wow that thing is amazing! some beautiful fab work makes my urge to move to Australia that much greater :D

heathgu

Mar 6, 2007
Thanks heaps for the comment guys, i appreciate it. It has not turn out half bad. Still got plenty to do, but its all time.

Hey jeff p no cruise kills yet, but i will go hunting soon. I cant wait to see the looks on there faces. Smashed some HSV and FPVs, now thats fun.

I just got my new drag wheels yesterday, just waiting on the mickey thompson et streets. I ordered the 30x12.5 15. Will post a pic when they arrive.

Cheers Heath

Last edited:

heathgu

Mar 6, 2007
drag radials and rims

New wheels and tires, trying them tonight at the TNT
They are 30x12.5-15 Mickey thompson Et streets on procomp 1059 15x10 alloys.

See what sort of a difference these make. They are 1/2 the wheels weight of the last tires i cut a 12.30 on.

29102009010.jpg

29102009013.jpg

Hopefully get some videos.

Cheers Heath