Nicktane install issues.

bluebowtie

duramax addict
Jan 1, 2011
Madison WI
So I decided to install a nicktane cat adapter today. Everything went as planned or so I thought until I started priming and saw bubbles From between the adapter and the filter housing. I know everything is tight. So I start to check things out and notice there's a 1/8 gap between the filter head and the adapter. I pull everything back apart. For some reason the adapter is binding. I tried 2 different adapters. Same issue with both. I am now thinking the filter head is the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while drinking a spotted cow

bluebowtie

duramax addict
Jan 1, 2011
Madison WI
Notice the gap between the adapter and housing.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331531110.093209.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331531110.093209.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 91

bluebowtie

duramax addict
Jan 1, 2011
Madison WI
I cut the threads off a 8" long 1/4 bolt end result was 6" 1/4 rod. Fit real nice. I could not go any tighter with it

bluebowtie

duramax addict
Jan 1, 2011
Madison WI
Yup I removed the ball and spring and replaced all the orings with the rebuild kit I got from blksmok.

Idk what happend. Lotsofmiles is sending me his spare filter head. Going to see if I can get the adapter to thread on that one and go from there.

bluebowtie

duramax addict
Jan 1, 2011
Madison WI
Well I got the used filter head in the mail and the adapter threaded right on as it should have. Must have been something funny about my stock filter head.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Well I got the used filter head in the mail and the adapter threaded right on as it should have. Must have been something funny about my stock filter head.

You may have assembled it incorrectly when you rebuilt it. Or cracked it somewhere.