Newly @ the track new motor

NWTDIESEL

On a Time Out
May 8, 2008
ATS Extreme trans
Hey thanks guys! I was actualy running my huge 22s with 305-40-22 Nitto dune grapplers. Full weight, fiberglass toneau cover, tailgate, bumpers, hitch.....everything was there. Alb altitude is around 5,200ft and the DA that day was around 6,700ft. I have the slip and ill put it up when i get home.

I pretty much drove to the track, dropped the tire psi and went for it:D The MPH was a little low on the slip and i was told i actually ran a 117 or 118mph. Later that night i came across a ws6 firebird that had a 150shot, cam and more mods....he went 11.57@123mph. Needless to say we went from a 50-140mph roll on the freeway. I pulled him by 2 trucks and got it all on video:D

Im very happy and will be going to Firebird in 3 weeks to see how much better i can do with ALOT more air down there. Ill probably put her on a diet and try to get some slicks by then. Ill strap the bottle on in a couple months.

hvy_chevy_one

Wants an ATS Tranny!!
Aug 9, 2009
Colorado
That is F**king awesome man. I wish i could have made it. Cant wait to see the videos. i bet the WS6 video is badass..congrats..Purple Power all the way rite? lol:thumb:

Hardpan

Hard Pan
Sep 16, 2008
New Mexico
Congrats on the time.:thumb: Was not there in time to see that run but saw your last one. Hondarider truck looks good. Did you run the truck? Just wondering if those tires you have on there hook up. They look like they would.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Congrats on the time.:thumb: Was not there in time to see that run but saw your last one. Hondarider truck looks good. Did you run the truck? Just wondering if those tires you have on there hook up. They look like they would.

Na, I didnt race, i was just there for support for Underground.

the nitto's hook very well. ;)

duramini2001

On a Time Out
Sep 30, 2006
Highland, Ut
Albuquerque Dragway

First Run, Street Trim, Fuel only, No Slicks, 305's on 20's lol
DA=6,732ft. 69°F:

11.84@113mph

This was with the 753hp tune. Still haven't turned it up or ran bottle. Came out of the hole all over the place.

Track is closed, diesel Power mag is doing a shoot on his truck now lol

This was a good shake out run. found a few problems. Need to do some work to the front end, replace a IC Boot that tore at the clamp last night (which actually held up for 1 run lol) and get some slicks on it.

cool deal non the least. Hopefuly can get things dialed in for some more impressive numbers.

hey mike it is what it is quit trying to glorify it, its much more impressive if people just say congrats and good job, rather than oh it had this and needed this and bla bla bla, just let the truck keep getting faster with out the bla bla bla:hug:

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
hey mike it is what it is quit trying to glorify it, its much more impressive if people just say congrats and good job, rather than oh it had this and needed this and bla bla bla, just let the truck keep getting faster with out the bla bla bla:hug:

Wasn't trying to glorify it. Just letting people know what to expect if they run with certain setup for the VERY FIRST TIME. Did you tell pat, idahorob, trent, subman, you ;) , and all the other guys on here that are putting up fast times not to glorify it when they ran into issues too? :hug:

just filling you in on the details. The time was in bold, you can read that and move on to post if you dont want to read the rest lol.

Also why would I glorify it when its not even my truck :confused:

Just Saying... :)

Last edited:

duramini2001

On a Time Out
Sep 30, 2006
Highland, Ut
Wasn't trying to glorify it. Just letting people know what to expect if they run with certain setup for the VERY FIRST TIME. Did you tell pat, idahorob, trent, subman, you ;) , and all the other guys on here that are putting up fast times not to glorify it when they ran into issues too? :hug:

just filling you in on the details. The time was in bold, you can read that and move on to post if you dont want to read the rest lol.

Also why would I glorify it when its not even my truck :confused:

Just Saying... :)

just letting people know what to expect really? cause so many people have 22 inch rims on nitto tires that run the track huh dill weed:rofl: all the people you mentioned all have one thing in common there is no bla, bla, bla miky just fast times, im just filling you in on the details :hug: You might choose to glorify cause your the tunner right? you made 750 on a dyno jet with a correction factor of what mike maybe 1.12 at vegas so possible even below sea level congrats:thumb: Just saying :hug:;)

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
just letting people know what to expect really? cause so many people have 22 inch rims on nitto tires that run the track huh dill weed:rofl: all the people you mentioned all have one thing in common there is no bla, bla, bla miky just fast times, im just filling you in on the details :hug: You might choose to glorify cause your the tunner right? you made 750 on a dyno jet with a correction factor of what mike maybe 1.12 at vegas so possible even below sea level congrats:thumb: Just saying :hug:;)

haha, I know what your saying. Ill leave it at that, and wait and see what new numbers come up :thumb:

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
Nice pass Newly, can't wait to see how it does when you finally get it dialed in and hooking up. Maybe a water meth kit spraying "Purple Power" degreaser would help?:joker:

Wasn't trying to glorify it. Just letting people know what to expect if they run with certain setup for the VERY FIRST TIME.

No offense to Newly and I understand that he was at altitude, running a weak tune, and on a motor that just got put (back) together - but if people have a built motor with a 3.0 charger they should be shooting for a lot faster than that.

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
No offense to Newly and I understand that he was at altitude, running a weak tune, and on a motor that just got put (back) together - but if people have a built motor with a 3.0 charger they should be shooting for a lot faster than that.
he is, alot faster lol trust me. :thumb:

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Was in ATS today and talking to Mike and the guys on my way to Bowling Green. Mike said Newly's truck is running pretty good. That's good to hear. ATS building it totally tore up on a remodel. Like a cave in there.

NWTDIESEL

On a Time Out
May 8, 2008
ATS Extreme trans
I might be shooting for to much but if i take all the crap off it (tailgate, hitch, fiberglass toneau cover, seats, bumper, 22s...) put slicks on and some juice:D maybe a 10.9;) I deffinately think its possible. After watching the log i never went over 28 deg of timing and i can turn the boost up a little more too. If the boots will hold... Dropping almost 5,000ft elevation is going to help alot just by itself.

I would atleast like to do all that except for the juice and get a low 11. Ill be happy with that:D

Subman, ill be ready for you in AZ:hug:

ATS does look like a damn cave right now....:rofl:

Dustin FYI, it was a shakedown run to see how it would do with the same tune Mike built in Vegas. It wasnt a weak tune but it wasnt turned all the way up. Im still nervous with the fresh motor. There is more in it and i posted what im shooting for. The motor was never taken apart, the heads were replaced and thats about it.

Last edited:

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Get a slip or video up with your fastest pass so we can add you to the quick 50. I advise you to practice some on the pro tree. My truck is already caged, you might want to do that as well if you plan to run faster than 11.50. Pack a big lunch for Phoenix it's going to be a long day for you, actually a very short one if I get you in the first round.:D

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
I might be shooting for to much but if i take all the crap off it (tailgate, hitch, fiberglass toneau cover, seats, bumper, 22s...) put slicks on and some juice:D maybe a 10.9;) I deffinately think its possible. After watching the log i never went over 28 deg of timing and i can turn the boost up a little more too. If the boots will hold... Dropping almost 5,000ft elevation is going to help alot just by itself.

I would atleast like to do all that except for the juice and get a low 11. Ill be happy with that:D

ATS does look like a damn cave right now....:rofl:

Dustin FYI, it was a shakedown run to see how it would do with the same tune Mike built in Vegas. It wasnt a weak tune but it wasnt turned all the way up. Im still nervous with the fresh motor. There is more in it and i posted what im shooting for. The motor was never taken apart, the heads were replaced and thats about it.

I thought it had been at least partly disassembled after the balancer problem. I still think you need higher goals. Your motor is supposed to be full of better parts than mine and has all that purple paint and I ran 11.18 on fuel on my first 1/4 mile pass on the built motor, the weakest of the rough tunes I had on it that night (the one I towed and drove to NY and back on) ran 11.4 @ 119. I want 10s on a streetable and towable 3.0 single charger on fuel only - and I want some good competition to keep me pushing it, so shoot for better on fuel.

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
Get a slip or video up with your fastest pass so we can add you to the quick 50. I advise you to practice some on the pro tree. My truck is already caged, you might want to do that as well if you plan to run faster than 11.50. Pack a big lunch for Phoenix it's going to be a long day for you, actually a very short one if I get you in the first round.:D

Haha, you spelled "Performance" incorrectly in your signature old man :rofl: :hug: