Newcomer with Duramax in Houston

chris.rodriguez

Oct 21, 2015
New issue with the truck since Accident "She got hit by a bus" front right. All body work is done but there is a rubbing noise in my passenger A-Pillar. This only happens when I go over 70mph but it's annoying as hell.

0945e8f51b6450528651875a9e8581e4.jpg

chris.rodriguez

Oct 21, 2015
New problem came up today.. My rear doors decided they didn't want to lock. I found this out when I check my doors to make sure they are locked. I bough the relays for the driver side fuse panel but this didn't fix it, I guess the next thing would be the actuators? There is no click sound from the actuators when I hit the lock or unlock button on my remote or the door panel

chris.rodriguez

Oct 21, 2015
Pics? What happened

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

No pictures yet. Got to pull the head and get pictures. Waiting to hear back from my extended warranty to see if they will cover for a new motor. I was getting my custom tune put on and it ran fine down the high way but as we turned around the RPMS started to fluctuate and it started to white smoke. Opened the hood and the whole engine was shaking when we opened the oil cap there was white smoke coming out.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Split a piston most likely. The lbz pistons leave much to be desired.

chris.rodriguez

Oct 21, 2015
Split a piston most likely. The lbz pistons leave much to be desired.

Yeah.. Debating if the warranty will cover the work if I want to bore out the heads and upgrade Pistons or just throw a new motor in. I was only pushing 475 to the ground. Not like I'm trying to make the sucker fly.

chris.rodriguez

Oct 21, 2015
Just read through this thread, that's a good looking truck you got. Sucks to hear about the engine man. Does sound like a piston to me too.

I appreciate it man. There is still a lot of things to do. I've got it up with Josh H from site so I know it will get fixed right either way.

slowlml

Undercover Epa agent
Feb 6, 2015
Strasburg Va/Wardensville Wv
I always recommend him to anyone near or in texas. You won't be disappointed. Once I get a v2 again I'm going to get a tune from him for my lml. Have you found out if the extended warranty is going to cover it being your tuned?

chris.rodriguez

Oct 21, 2015
I always recommend him to anyone near or in texas. You won't be disappointed. Once I get a v2 again I'm going to get a tune from him for my lml. Have you found out if the extended warranty is going to cover it being your tuned?

I know. He was nice enough drive me a third of the way back home and I had a friend pick me up. Great guy! The truck didn't have the tune on it when it went out. It was sitting at the lowest setting. I should be hearing something today and getting pictures for you to see as well

slowlml

Undercover Epa agent
Feb 6, 2015
Strasburg Va/Wardensville Wv
Yeah I know what you mean in the money department. That PPE built shortblock thread had me thinking twice about calling the credit card company and having them bump the limit:roflmao:

chris.rodriguez

Oct 21, 2015
Yeah I know what you mean in the money department. That PPE built shortblock thread had me thinking twice about calling the credit card company and having them bump the limit:roflmao:

I can't even do that. Mine is more of I'll have to try and take out a personal loan or get a third job