LLY: Newby with an issue.

dangfire

Oct 26, 2012
I have a 05 lly with efi live, banks intake, afe elbow, 4 inch turbo back, egr blocker. Runs like a raped ape. But i recently started having a problem. Truck would run just fine and out of nowhere and only at a stop and in drive it would start to idle real rough and smoke like a bitch. White smoke. As soon as i touch the gas peddle it would go away or as soon as i would put it in park our neutral it would go away and idle like normal. And run just fine to the next stop light and then chug chug white smoke. Then sometimes it doesn't do it at all. Any ideas? I'm at a loss

Sent from my dam phone

dangfire

Oct 26, 2012
No, no codes at all. Just comes and goes. I can go a week or two with zero problems and then bam it starts and will do it for two our three days.

Sent from my dam phone

dangfire

Oct 26, 2012
Ok i will try that. The other thing is that i notice the exhaust smells like raw fuel.

Sent from my dam phone

07keo02

Oct 5, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Have you looked into the "ice pic" fix or other problems with the injector harness such as the area by the alternator bracket where it is known to rub through? I'm not sure of the exact symptoms these give but I think they could be the problem.

dangfire

Oct 26, 2012
Hmm ice pick. I will go dig around and see what i can find. By the alternator on the harness?

Sent from my dam phone

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Yes. Sharp edge that rubs through the harness. Icepick is for the #2 and #7 injectors.... theres a couple threads about it on here.