Newbie here!

Dave69

Mar 2, 2017
Indiana
Hey everyone, new duramax owner here. I am sure there are quite a bit of new posts like this all the time and everyone gets sick of them haha but I am just trying to gain some more knowledge. I picked up an 03 lb7 Cali edition two weeks ago with 120k miles bone stock. I have no idea how I have a cali edition truck living in Northwest Indiana and the two previous owners have both lived two counties over, the truck has never been in Cali. Could it have been destined for Cali or the NE from the factory and wound up in Indiana brand new? Anyway the injectors, fpr, and injection pump were all replaced at 112k miles. I am waiting for my 4" MBRP exhaust, s&b intake, and FASS fuel system to arrive so I can install them. I know the FASS is key for prolonging the life of the injectors. I will be deleting my EGR once I figure out the best way to go about it. Is EFI live the only tune that can delete the egr code? Yesterday I was changing the diff fluids, transfer case, and transmission and I noticed the suspension was still stock from the factory, or it looked pretty damn near close to stock. I don't plan on doing any off roading or heavy towing, just minor things with a 16 ft trailer, is there any rebuild kit or anything specific y'all would recommend to replace the front end and the rear suspension with? Sorry for the long post but I just want to make sure I can get the most out of the this truck and put some peace of mind in my head. Thanks in advance guys, have a good day!

P.S. It is raining today but I'll get some pics up when in a few days when it is all over with.

Blackmax123

Aug 2, 2014
central Pennsylvania
Welcome. To delete the egr I'd just get efi live tunes from. The start and be done with it. Instead of wasting money on a can tuner and later down the road getting efi live.

As far as the suspension goes if it's not broke don't fix it yet. In Stock from it can easily hand a 16' trailer. But they are better pitman idler arms, braces and supports. Heavy duty tie rods and straight center links or center link braces. All depends what your final goals are and what your budget is.

Good luck. Enjoy the new truck.

Dave69

Mar 2, 2017
Indiana
Also if I was in Indiana I'd make the trip to Danville Performace for my tunes. Mark has awesome customer service and all the people that work for him are great.

Yeah after I did some more research it seems EFI live is the only tuner to delete the codes and the system out of the computer. So I think that's the route I'll be heading. Danville is about 2.5 hours south of me. Can they do the tunes in a day? Would I be able to drive there and back or would they need to keep my truck over night? I ended up ordering all new moog suspension for the truck and bilstein shocks all around. Everything was pretty tore up underneath, so I just decided to bite the bullet and spend some money to have hopefully a more comfortable ride haha!