New toy

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
I just picked up my new toy last week - 2013 Camaro 1LE. Hard to trade the G8 but it was time to do so while it was still worth good money.

Attachments

• Day1 resized.jpg
    Day1 resized.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 185

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
It's a 1LE - only comes in an M6.:thumb:

Tune and intake only most likely. It has the dual mode exhaust which is awesome.

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
It's a 1LE - only comes in an M6.:thumb:

Tune and intake only most likely. It has the dual mode exhaust which is awesome.

OK, so I lied.:rofl:

Give me your thoughts on a Procharger vs a roots style setup. I understand the TVS superchargers are more instant but outside of that give me your thoughts. I want to be able to easily put back to stock after a couple years.

I was on the fence with building a motor for my LLY but if I'm spending that kind of jack I'd probably just get a newer truck.

AdaMax

Nov 26, 2010
Caldwell , Oh
I REALLY want to sell my truck and go buy a 2010 or newer Camaro SS stick shift , but I don't think I can get enough out of my truck to go buy what I want outright .

not quick

Jay
Nov 3, 2013
Middletown, Ohio
Nice car! you didn't by chance get that from Miamisburg did you? I was looking at one there when I was truck shopping.

I like prochargers better because of the power band but that's just personal preference. if you wanted to go on the cheap you could probably get a 1.9 off of a CTS-V that someone upgraded to the zr1 blower.

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
Nice car! you didn't by chance get that from Miamisburg did you? I was looking at one there when I was truck shopping.

I like prochargers better because of the power band but that's just personal preference. if you wanted to go on the cheap you could probably get a 1.9 off of a CTS-V that someone upgraded to the zr1 blower.

No this car came from PA. Had to have it shipped here and a silverado shipped back to the other dealer. No one local had a black one and anyone closer wouldn't trade. :mad:

The LSA blowers only work if you swap out all front drive accessories and a few other things. I had considered at one time until I going out more details.

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
Congrats on the new car. I love mine. It has the roots style blower. Twin turbo's seems to be the way of big ho though. ;)

Basically an electric cutout that bypasses the muffler above 3k RPM. First available on the Vettes.

Spring loaded I think. Once the muffler starts seeing back pressure inside in automatically open the door and acts more like a straight through exhaust. Best of both worlds. Dynomax makes them that way too now. Really a neat deal.

Last edited:

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
TVS gets my vote. My uncle has one on his SS. Went 11.6x with a cam, exhaust, blower and a tune on D/Rs. Pretty easy to put it back to stock as well. And it looks really cool sitting on top of the motor.

408.Luke

Joined the DARKSIDE
Sep 19, 2009
Houston
Very nice Camaro! I wish i had looked at them now when i was new car shopping. Your best bet is turbo. There are not any good kits out, but if you want to go fast theres no point in screwing around with other nonsense. If your not willing to go turbo, go f1 procharger. Roots blowers can only do so much.

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
Henry I have looked at a lot of those kits myself on Camaro5 forum. I don't like how the ADM twin kits sit so low. There is also a used STS kit on ebay right now.

Have you looked at the East Coast setups with the NOVI chargers?

Creatures of the Night a dealer for any of them?:happy2: