New to me LBZ w/ efi-dsp back to stock-no autocal

Bunger

Dec 9, 2019
Got myself in a bit of a predicament. Bought a 07 classic ext cab 4x4 lbz (my dream truck) last week. It came with a straight pipe and efi live with the dsp5 switch on it. Previous owner had it installed by a shop instead of buying the autocal device with the tune loaded on it which means I have no way to put it back to stock. I planned on having my "smog guy" take care of this issue but he can't even get through the efi live in the ecu. I've got the stock exhaust with the cat but no way to get ecm back to stock. Any one have any ideas? Can I buy a autocal device with a stock tune loaded on it so I can smog this thing?This is my first diesel so I'm clueless. I also have know idea what my 5 tunes are on the switch. 1 is definitely the hot rod tune but 2-5 feel the same for the most part. Dealers and a few local shops said trying to remap the stock tune over the efi tune usually doesn't end well and can smoke the ecm. At this point I would be totally fine leaving it stock. Less **** to go wrong and I don't need the extra HP for anything just towing a boat. Any help would be much appreciated. Losing sleep over this.

Bunger

Dec 9, 2019
Find a good dealer and have it flashed back to stock.

All 3 dealers I called today said they can do it but there’s a chance it can wipeout the ecm? I guess because there trying to flash over the efi tune.

Is it possible to buy a autocal
Device with the stock tune on it, plug it in, remove the tune on my
Truck and save it in the autocal the insert the stock tune onto the truck?

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
All 3 dealers I called today said they can do it but there’s a chance it can wipeout the ecm? I guess because there trying to flash over the efi tune.

Is it possible to buy a autocal
Device with the stock tune on it, plug it in, remove the tune on my
Truck and save it in the autocal the insert the stock tune onto the truck?

Yes that would work.

Bunger

Dec 9, 2019
What shop would be the best to go through for that? I literally have no idea what I’m doing with this whole efi live program lol. Never felt so ignorant in my life haha

rfletes79

Mar 5, 2010
Galt, Ca 95632
Where are you located?

You cannot save the tune from your ecm onto an autocal then later flash it back on. Autocals don’t work that way. And lbz dsp5 tunes cannot be read.

The only way to get an autocal to work with your truck is to purchase new tuning with a stock tune and a dsp tune from the same tuner. Then you can flash between the 2 tunes that came on your autocal.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
Where are you located?

You cannot save the tune from your ecm onto an autocal then later flash it back on. Autocals don’t work that way. And lbz dsp5 tunes cannot be read.

The only way to get an autocal to work with your truck is to purchase new tuning with a stock tune and a dsp tune from the same tuner. Then you can flash between the 2 tunes that came on your autocal.

:eek: oops forgot LBZ and LMM you can’t read out a dsp5

Bunger

Dec 9, 2019
Where are you located?

Oh ok gotcha. Figured it wouldn’t be that easy. Now my other hurdle, living in California is going to make it a challenge for me to be able to buy EFI live from a tuner correct? Or can I at least buy it with just the stock tune on it for now and then by other tunes down the road if I decide to go back to EFI live? My biggest thing right now is just getting it to pass smog is there any difference between having the dealer flash it back to stock or using an auto CAL with a stock tune on it to put it back to stock?

Bunger

Dec 9, 2019
Where are you located?

Southern commiefornia