new to diesel....considering purchase

bmcash

Oct 29, 2012
Hello everyone. My name is Brandon and I am new to diesels. I am considering a purchase in the near future. First of all, it will be my daily driver and will not haul anything except for my butt.to work....for now. You may ask why I need a diesel. Well, I dont need a diesel, but just want one. I have come across a 2009.chevy.2500.with 88k on the clock. The truck can be had for under 30k and it is in great condition. My worry is that it has had a fifth.wheel and I know it has been hauling some heavy stuff for some of the 88k miles. If I decide to pursue this.truck.further, what should I look for? I cant afford to replace injectors for 4 grand. Its that type of stuff I worry about amongst other things like a previous programmer that was running the motor too hot. Any suggestions on the matter is.greatly appreciated.

Brandon

04D_MAX

force fed
Sep 10, 2012
SOUTH GA
Diesels can be very expensive to repair, I bought mine for the same reason I just "wanted" one. Wish I would of gone with a 1500 gasser now.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Diesels are expensive.
They are really cool too.
I would think you could find a better deal than that. There are alot out there, some really good ones on the forum right now! A nice truck from the forum would be a purchase that is worth a plane ticket! I wouldn't be real happy to buy a dedicated tow rig.