New Tires - Michelin LTX WINTER

lotsofmiles

Father of the Van
Dec 4, 2008
Michigan
ran my LTX MS2's for 136,000 miles so far. Didnt want to go into winter with them again tho. Put them back on in the spring to finish them off.

Got a set of LTX Winter tires.

Tread pattern looked the same as the ms2's

01875E3D-orig.jpg

68F2115E-orig.jpg

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
You definitely pay a premium for Michelin's.You definitely get what you pay for,look at the mileage you received Good riding tire, soft sidewall. I like the XPS brand commercial rated. Like a idiot I went through a couple sets burning them up. They are my favorite tire! When I bought tires this summer (?) I didn't want to spend the money on the Michelin's , I bought Firestone Trans-force. So far so good

lotsofmiles

Father of the Van
Dec 4, 2008
Michigan
These tires are GREAT in the snow. 300-400 miles part of it towing, in roads like this :
IMAG0435.jpg

No sliping/spining of truck tires. Trailer lost its grip once in a wind gust.

Last edited:

lddrew

shootin for 13's
Jan 10, 2011
West Georgia
You think you could post a pic of your MS/2's??? that mileage is very impressive, curious as to what the tread looks like.

Those look like a very good winter tire. Very nice

lotsofmiles

Father of the Van
Dec 4, 2008
Michigan
Yea, I'll grab a pic. Bump the thread if I don't in the next day or so. I get distracted easy.

If I have the funds I'm going to get new tires on the truck in a month or so, and put the 136 k tires on the 99 van. They should out last the van.

lddrew

shootin for 13's
Jan 10, 2011
West Georgia
good deal. i have geolander AT-S which are supposed to be a long lasting tire. keep them at 80psi. have gone about 10k without rotating and the front ones are starting to wear a little uneven.

thanks

max allen

Jan 6, 2009
LTX Performance

:thumb:I've run several sets of old style Michelin LTX M/S in different sizes with good mileage and performance in all conditions but the new replacement LTX- M/S2, you will find throws the small rocks and gravel more than the old style tread. Part of the tread grooves are wider but that should help some in mud. They have really thrown a bunch gravel against front of my Lund steps and removed paint. Yet to see how they hold up long term as just installed this past fall.

lotsofmiles

Father of the Van
Dec 4, 2008
Michigan
Note - I ran this set 136,000 miles. put off swapping shocks too long, and edges got ate up a bit about half way thru the mileage. Also did a 5 tire rotation on this set to try to get more miles out of them.

My last set of ltx ms tires I ran 140,000 with only 4 tire rotation then sold them to a guy that put them on his van and is still running them

IMAG0441.jpg

lotsofmiles

Father of the Van
Dec 4, 2008
Michigan
ran the winter tires 18,380 miles.

Back to the regular ms2's with 136k on em.

Looking at 17" wheels and tires as a prize for paying off the truck in a couple months:D

edit - 2.5 months, 18,380 miles, I need to stop goofing off and drive a bit :)

Last edited:

bartman432

Nov 4, 2011
Holy cow.........136,000 miles on one set of tires.......incredible. Can you post a picture of them on your truck