New raybestos Allison clutches

MRMET21

Apr 27, 2012
Mike,
Re-read my post i said i didnt think you were bashing Raybestos i said i thought you were taking a wait and a see attitude and thats fine i get that.As far as the Red devils/ Stage1 all i was saying and again re- read what i wrote i want people to know these NEW clutches have nothing to do with what went on back in 2003. Regarless if you talked to alto or not these clutches with the red line were not assembled incorrectly i want everyone to know that. OF COURSE I still want your help your one of the players in this industry and i respect you

MRMET21

Apr 27, 2012
Until my Allison days I specified ONLY Raybestos clutches in teh transmissions that I had built so way back in the Joe Webb days I was asking why no Raybestos? Then there was the initial release that was less than stellar. I was disappointed moreso that Raybestos did not stick with it.

My point here is I really dislike waving a flag saying that something is awesome until proven. All this cheerleading does is move the market and the consumer to try the latest and greatest in an effort to keep up with the Jones's. If it works then great, but if not then there's all this old news chatter about how clutch X is the go to clutch only that is yesterday's news. They should really be TESTED before promotion plain and simple. Anyone here remember the very first Edge Juice?

I'd love to see Raybestos succeed and if they prove themselves I will specify them. Right now I specify the Alto's as they have done well for me.

I didn't start into this yesterday ;)
i understand your point about waving a flag i think the guy David was just giving people his honest feedback and just letting people know his findings thats all ...should there be more testing without a doubt ...Thats the whole point of this to give you guys a bullet proof product. Yes Alto has the choice product FOR NOW ...but were coming
By the way @ Mike L we should have C-1s this coming week and will have some with your name on them

duramini2001

On a Time Out
Sep 30, 2006
Highland, Ut
i understand your point about waving a flag i think the guy David was just giving people his honest feedback and just letting people know his findings thats all ...should there be more testing without a doubt ...Thats the whole point of this to give you guys a bullet proof product. Yes Alto has the choice product FOR NOW ...but were coming
By the way @ Mike L we should have C-1s this coming week and will have some with your name on them

pete i agree with mike, i would like to have a full set as well if thats ok with your team?? i hope you read all my posts carefully as well, i heard about the pink stripe, i was a little worried, have not put them in yet as were traveling across the country to ts, dont take offense to not trying them as i will have them in soon, i have 3 trucks coming up all with 1000+ horse, 2 of them 1500+, as i said tho i agree with mike on needing a full set. As for david, ok sure he wanted to post up thats fine, but he has not near enough trial and error to get the community excited yet, not even close!!! there are still a few big players waiting to try these clutches for feed back as well, camomax is his best test so far, and correct me matt if im wrong but i only know of 4 passes to date on them, please feel free to set me straight if im wrong!!

I just posted this up to let you guys know they were in testing and if all goes well will be available. We know that they aren't yet so no need to treat it like I'm trying to sell everyone on them as we do not know if and when production will start. I will however let you know that we should keep our eyes and ears open for new products as some of us know we need more than what's available to us now. We are doing way more than just drag racing these clutches and will continue to do so as needed by the raybestos team.

The fact is a lot more of us use these trucks every day and would like a product that will last over time. And me using the material from raybestos In daily driving ,towing ,racing and whatever else is simply testing what you guys will be doing to get real data.

I do not think the release of my results were premature as we are not completed until Pete and Chris are satisfied. Just saying we like what we see so far. I think having a complete raybestos trans is about as complete of a set as you can get. And we are able to get them to hold using stage 1 c1 and c5. So when the new material is ready we will most likley improve again.

As for Dimitri... There is a lot more trial than error. You need to understand I wasn't just referencing the race community. people build Allison's everyday and they are not always for drag racing.

madmatt

Apr 12, 2009
"the mecca"
www.facebook.com
The fact is a lot more of us use these trucks every day and would like a product that will last over time. And me using the material from raybestos In daily driving ,towing ,racing and whatever else is simply testing what you guys will be doing to get real data.

This is why I'm excited to have been able to get a set to try in Funk's truck and think it'll be the perfect test bed. Guys tear up the best in 1200+ hp race trucks all day. His will haul him to work one day, dyno that weekend, then run 10s and pull 1.4x 60' times the next. May even see some pulling track action this year. It puts the Trans through its paces for sure. If they hold up in his they should be perfect for most builds.

MRMET21

Apr 27, 2012
pete i agree with mike, i would like to have a full set as well if thats ok with your team?? i hope you read all my posts carefully as well, i heard about the pink stripe, i was a little worried, have not put them in yet as were traveling across the country to ts, dont take offense to not trying them as i will have them in soon, i have 3 trucks coming up all with 1000+ horse, 2 of them 1500+, as i said tho i agree with mike on needing a full set. As for david, ok sure he wanted to post up thats fine, but he has not near enough trial and error to get the community excited yet, not even close!!! there are still a few big players waiting to try these clutches for feed back as well, camomax is his best test so far, and correct me matt if im wrong but i only know of 4 passes to date on them, please feel free to set me straight if im wrong!!
Dimitri,
When the C-1s are ready this week we will get you eveything you need for a trans build...If you read my first post i explained the RED stripe(not orange or pink stripe ) were good to go. i need your feed back will talk this week

camomax

pushing the limits
Nov 5, 2008
Florida
He spoke the truth. I did the testing. Back then raybestos was not very interested in the diesel market. Their first clutch effort for the Allison was oem equivalent. They were the green clutches with C2 one sided Z-Pack. It's taken a while for them to get interested and since Pete Santiago went to work for them they got real interested. I expect great clutches from raybestos as they are more than capable of building high performance clutches.
I also tested the new Borg Warner clutches out of the 2011 Allison on a few race trucks and found out what I needed to know. I sent my report to Allison. I will post the results one of these days.

:roflmao: I think you guys might have missed the point of my post. I was simply poking fun at Kennedy. It was implied that my truck was not capable of "destroying a lesser clutch in short order". Trust me, its capable!:rofl:. D, Im correcting you, since youre wrong.....its only been three passes;), but I dont think David was refering to my truck at all. Most guys are not driving crap like we are. So D, loosen up the designer jeans one notch, settle down, and just have some fun for a change.

camomax

pushing the limits
Nov 5, 2008
Florida
And what does a sampling of ONE mean?

Yes, I understand what youre saying, but my truck wasnt really part of the "results" David was talking about.(I was just having fun with you guys) Cant speak for him, but Im guessing he was refering more to the street trucks that are running these packs.:thumb:

duramini2001

On a Time Out
Sep 30, 2006
Highland, Ut
I just posted this up to let you guys know they were in testing and if all goes well will be available. We know that they aren't yet so no need to treat it like I'm trying to sell everyone on them as we do not know if and when production will start. I will however let you know that we should keep our eyes and ears open for new products as some of us know we need more than what's available to us now. We are doing way more than just drag racing these clutches and will continue to do so as needed by the raybestos team.

I do not think the release of my results were premature as we are not completed until Pete and Chris are satisfied. Just saying we like what we see so far. I think having a complete raybestos trans is about as complete of a set as you can get. And we are able to get them to hold using stage 1 c1 and c5. So when the new material is ready we will most likley improve again.

As for Dimitri... There is a lot more trial than error. You need to understand I wasn't just referencing the race community. people build Allison's everyday and they are not always for drag racing.

yes people do build them everyday i agree, but dont you think once proven in our trucks on the track, that the everday person would not have a worry in the world correct?? Clutches we run now hold up just fine in the everyday truck built correctly right?? what were going for here is a bullet proof clutch yes?? you wanna prove that on a 800 horse daily driver?? or a 1500 + horse drag truck?? thats why were testing these clutches?? Im not bashing you here, im sure your intent was aimed right, but your theory is wrong!! we were asked to push these to the limit, not stick them in a daily driver yes??
Dimitri,
When the C-1s are ready this week we will get you eveything you need for a trans build...If you read my first post i explained the RED stripe(not orange or pink stripe ) were good to go. i need your feed back will talk this week

Pete, thank you, im looking forward to having a full set as i know mike is as well, will be a good test, overkill is running strong, 9.77 last weekend, with high hopes for it staying strong i hope to put these clutches through the beat down. Thanks for explaining the stripe as i know a few were worried, but set straight now, looking forward to seeing those clutches and hearing from you.
:roflmao: I think you guys might have missed the point of my post. I was simply poking fun at Kennedy. It was implied that my truck was not capable of "destroying a lesser clutch in short order". Trust me, its capable!:rofl:. D, Im correcting you, since youre wrong.....its only been three passes;), but I dont think David was refering to my truck at all. Most guys are not driving crap like we are. So D, loosen up the designer jeans one notch, settle down, and just have some fun for a change.

Hahahah thanks matt i didnt know for sure thats why i asked you to correct me:hug: Im settled down a notch, but the designer jeans are just getting broke in, my belt only has one notch left, im to cheap to buy another one lol im trying to have some fun, we need the good old days back, im trying to get the red truck running again so i can go back to driving across the country maybe then ill loosen that notch one :D:D

duramini2001

On a Time Out
Sep 30, 2006
Highland, Ut
This is the main reason DTS does not post on this forum! Sad to because David is very smart when it comes to this Duramax/Allison game! I believe they are the shop to take the Allison to the next level.

Thanks for the input on the new clutches, too bad you had to stay quiet about it due to this type of response.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

whats your definition of the next level???? Some one else said hes not the type of person to keep anything quiet right?? or hold anything back??

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
whats your definition of the next level???? Some one else said hes not the type of person to keep anything quiet right?? or hold anything back??

I believe David (DTS) will alleviate the need, want, desire to put a Dodge trans behind a Duramax in hopes that it might be better than the Allison.

Thats the next level!

duramini2001

On a Time Out
Sep 30, 2006
Highland, Ut
I believe David (DTS) will alleviate the need, want, desire to put a Dodge trans behind a Duramax in hopes that it might be better than the Allison.

Thats the next level!

Alleviate the need??? So your saying that david (DTS) will be the only one out there that can pull us to that level then correct?????:D:D:D So lets compare the fastest allisons built, and how many david built???? im coming up with a shorter list of few over many!!! If that be the case, thats quite the bold statement to say that he will take us to the next level!! Im daammmmm sure he will not be taking our team to the next level, but hey thats a short list to right, were just one team:D

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
Alleviate the need??? So your saying that david (DTS) will be the only one out there that can pull us to that level then correct?????:D:D:D So lets compare the fastest allisons built, and how many david built???? im coming up with a shorter list of few over many!!! If that be the case, thats quite the bold statement to say that he will take us to the next level!! Im daammmmm sure he will not be taking our team to the next level, but hey thats a short list to right, were just one team:D

Never said anything about him being the only one. Just the first.

That first post was not geared towards you. Matter of fact I respect you and what you have done for the Duramax community.

My only bitch about this thread is how it would have been taken if Mike posted these results instead of David. We see who was first to start up a pissing match. Looks to me as if David is in fact the only one so far to even test them.

Why discredit him and his results? He never said they are the best just they are doing great so far. I still find it funny that Mike asked why pull the trans if there were no issues. How do you know the state of the clutches if you dont check them after a good beating? Isn't that was all this testing is about?

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Ben take a step back :thumb: We know David and DTS are an awesome shop and do cool things... Leave it at that? Last I checked David didn't need anyone to "pump up" his business. BTW putting words in David's mouth saying HE WILL take the Allison to the next level is pretty damn far fetched...

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
Ben take a step back :thumb: We know David and DTS are an awesome shop and do cool things... Leave it at that? Last I checked David didn't need anyone to "pump up" his business. BTW putting words in David's mouth saying HE WILL take the Allison to the next level is pretty damn far fetched...

Do you know anyone else trying at this very moment?

I didnt post trying to "pump up" DTS. I posted to say WTF? I know this is the land of MikeL, but give David some credit. I wont retract my statement. I was asked, I answered what I believe is true. I never once put words in David's mouth. If you go back and read I said, "I believe". These are my words not David's.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Never said anything about him being the only one. Just the first.

That first post was not geared towards you. Matter of fact I respect you and what you have done for the Duramax community.

My only bitch about this thread is how it would have been taken if Mike posted these results instead of David. We see who was first to start up a pissing match. Looks to me as if David is in fact the only one so far to even test them.

Why discredit him and his results? He never said they are the best just they are doing great so far. I still find it funny that Mike asked why pull the trans if there were no issues. How do you know the state of the clutches if you dont check them after a good beating? Isn't that was all this testing is about?

You hook up a Tech 2 and instantly see where you stand with your clutches. You watch the adapts and see how much pressure it took to hold your clutches. By doing this you will know if the trans needs to come out or not.
This is the normal method used by professionals.

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
You hook up a Tech 2 and instantly see where you stand with your clutches. You watch the adapts and see how much pressure it took to hold your clutches. By doing this you will know if the trans needs to come out or not.
This is the normal method used by professionals.

Good to know.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Do you know anyone else trying at this very moment?

I didnt post trying to "pump up" DTS. I posted to say WTF? I know this is the land of MikeL, but give David some credit. I wont retract my statement. I was asked, I answered what I believe is true. I never once put words in David's mouth. If you go back and read I said, "I believe". These are my words not David's.

Are you seriously saying that David is the only one out there pushing hard to make Allison's live at high power?