New PB

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Slowly getting the transmission tune dialed in after the 6 speed conversion. It's still not totally happy or doing quite what I want it to, but it's getting closer. Took 3 tenths off my best from last year at the same MPH just by getting the power down better.

Still could launch a bit harder, and stand to do some suspension work to get that 60' down, but on 35" BFG AllTerrain tires with stock ride height, I think it's doing alright.

I'm the left lane, 12.409 @ 111.26.

20240330_140314.jpg

Last edited:

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
I do my own tuning. I have slightly refined the tune from when I had it dynoed (789HP, video & tune file shared here: https://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/threads/changing-turbo-setup.88837/post-1214877), but not added any fuel. I am out of injector (SAC 75%), my setup should be good to closer to 900HP with bigger sticks.

The truck is stupid heavy (about 8,200 lbs) so it takes a lot of power to hit the same ET as a more typical truck. I run with the lift gate and push bumper on, had over 40 gallons of fuel in it for the run, etc. Just like I drive it on the farm, except I washed the mud off as a favor to everyone else trying to use the track after me 😅

Reactions: Dozerboy and gmc502

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I do my own tuning. I have slightly refined the tune from when I had it dynoed (789HP, video & tune file shared here: https://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/threads/changing-turbo-setup.88837/post-1214877), but not added any fuel. I am out of injector (SAC 75%), my setup should be good to closer to 900HP with bigger sticks.

The truck is stupid heavy (about 8,200 lbs) so it takes a lot of power to hit the same ET as a more typical truck. I run with the lift gate and push bumper on, had over 40 gallons of fuel in it for the run, etc. Just like I drive it on the farm, except I washed the mud off as a favor to everyone else trying to use the track after me 😅
Awesome. I ask because your times are not that far off from mine up to the 330 mark then you pull away pretty good from there. I also do my own tuning but I only have a stock engine/injectors so there's only so much I can get from it. I'm guessing 450hp. Mine is also about the same weight at 8,200 lbs. The 08 LMM in my sig.

Reactions: DAVe3283

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Good MPH, shows potential. What converter? Weight really kills things on the front half, hell I'm right there with you at the 1/8th

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Good MPH, shows potential. What converter? Weight really kills things on the front half, hell I'm right there with you at the 1/8th
Ultimate Transmission does their own converters, so I had to call and ask. It uses "a factory orange label stator for an 8.1L trash truck" with a custom impeller they make in-house. They do use an off-the-shelf billet housing, but can't remember what brand they were using when they made my converter. Lockup clutch is a triple-disc setup, again don't recall exactly what was used when they made this converter.

I have been running this converter since 2015, so I can't blame them for not remembering exactly what parts went in it 9 years ago.

Reactions: PureHybrid

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I really wanna take my truck to the track, but I just not comfortable doing it. Lots of people around here go. Just to many of them make a lot of power and don't know how to handle it.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
I really wanna take my truck to the track, but I just not comfortable doing it. Lots of people around here go. Just to many of them make a lot of power and don't know how to handle it.
We did have 3 people nearly lose it that day, which seemed higher than normal, so I get what you're saying.

Come out to a test & tune / grudge race event with me, and we can line up next to each other. I like to think I know how to handle my truck and am not a danger to the other lane.

Sent from my FlashScan V2 using Tapatalk