Sdxmiller

Apr 8, 2016
Atlanta. Ga
New to site, owned duramax for 3 years now love the truck. 2006 lbz crew cab 4x4 mostly stock bulldog tuner got for free, 4" duel exhaust. Love the site lots of helpful info.

I can't find ( haven't figured search feature yet) why do a lift pump? I've watched the videos on YouTube about getting air out of fuel and better filtration. I ask because there pretty expensive don't mind putting money in truck just don't want to waste money either.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Welcome. The lift pump keeps you from getting rail pressure codes on bigger tunes. Some think it helps the CP3 live longer by keeping a positive supply of fuel at all times. If your not getting low rail codes and are happy with the bullydog tunes I wouldn't worry about one for now.

Kentucky DuraMax

Gearhead
Dec 30, 2012
Welcome.

If you get and AirDog make sure it is the ADII or ADII 4G they are better less problems. AirDog gets my vote cause I had to deal with there customer who were amazing. The pump got messed up by really crappy(by crappy fuel I mean the tank and AirDog were as nasty as a 300K egr) fuel and they just sent me a new one no questions asked didn't even ask for the old one back and it had been running strong for 4 years. It is well worth it in my opinion. It also will allow you to delete the stock fuel filter head so no more expensive filters there and you get better filtration(air, water, and particulate)with it down to 2 or 3 microns as opposed to the best of 6 micron on the stock filter replacements.

Sdxmiller

Apr 8, 2016
Atlanta. Ga
I did an update on the bulldog and lost about 3 mpg doesn't feel has as much power either. Like I need more power right. Thanks for the info, I bought 3 or 4 acdelco filters from Amazon for like 28 each I still have 2 on shelf so I'll wait till those are used up.