New LML

brown bear

como estan beeches!!
Mar 31, 2009
Durango CO
Hey everyone, after many year of driving my lb7 I decide that it was time to upgrade so i went a head and got me a LML I'm really happy with the truck so far
but I'm still on the process of trying to figured out what can i do or what should i do to the truck with out getting in to much trouble. I'm planning to get a few things so here is my list but if you think there is a better road i would appreciate you input TIA
*Air intake either s&b or aFe
*Exhaust system all the way to up pipe, but not sure if i should get 4" or 5" I found an aFe ATLAS but not sure if i should go stainless steel or aluminized finish? also adding the down pipe would it be worth it ?
*Lift pump 150 fass
*Also i would like to get efi life

so far thats what i have in mind not sure if i should be aware of anything before buy any this stuff

Thank you in advance.

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
If you're doing a full exhaust that means you are deleting the emissions stuff, which means you NEED a tuner. If you're going that far, you should do an EGR delete as well.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Instead of buying the intake right off the bat save the money and do the egr delete it will do a lot more for you.

brown bear

como estan beeches!!
Mar 31, 2009
Durango CO
Oh great to know, I have no ideal what I'm getting into but ill give it my best try! so if i understand right ill get the egr delete kit and do i have to get a custom tune as well like i used to have the V2 flash scan

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Yes, you will need a tune to turn off the emissions systems codes if nothing else. If you already have a V2, you can find a tuner that will email the tunes to you so you can load.

brown bear

como estan beeches!!
Mar 31, 2009
Durango CO
I don't have the V2 any more but i read that now there is like a mini version, would that work?
also if i do all this upgrades can i get rid off the black box under the passenger side?

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
That's the Autocal, and yes that will work too.

That black box is the urea tank, and if you delete the emissions you can remove it.

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
There are two places where the egr connects that have to be taken care of. One is the passenger side up pipe, and the other is the intake bridge. I bought an LB7 up pipe that does not have the EGR riser, and bought a block plate for the intake bridge. I don't think the sinister intake bridge does anything to help with the EGR delete. Try the block plates instead, they should also come with the hoses you need to reroute the coolant that normally flows through the egr cooler. You will still need to address the up pipe side too.

Last edited:

brown bear

como estan beeches!!
Mar 31, 2009
Durango CO
Gotcha! Thank you. I'll be looking to get the tuner right away it seems like it's must have to do all those things.I'm just not sure who or where to go with

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I'm using Tony @ Ridge Runner for mine. I have read nothing but good things about him. A lot of people also use Kory Willis @ PPEI and are happy with him. Kory was pretty much at the forefront of LML tuning and has a ton of time and money invested in these things, so you can't go wrong there either. I didn't go with him simply because he sends you through a 3rd party shop, and I like being able to talk directly with the person doing the tuning. You can contact ATP too, they don't do emissions delete tunes directly but will point you to someone who does.

I think Motor Ops and DuramaxTuner do them as well, but I don't know much about them. I'm sure there are others as well, those are just the ones I know of off the top of my head.

Last edited:

brown bear

como estan beeches!!
Mar 31, 2009
Durango CO
Is there anyone out there that would sell some parts without telling me that everything that I'm tying to do is illegal...? And all the bs. I called afew people and I basically have to lie on whatever I'm trying to do in order to get what I need.

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Most of the supporting vendors will sell the parts, they just have disclaimers about their use.

At a minimum you'll need an EGR delete kit (which blocks the intake side of the EGR system and reroutes the coolant lines), LB7 or emissions-deleted passenger side up pipe (which closes off the exhaust side of the EGR system), downpipe-back exhaust (this will get rid of the DOC/cat, DEF, SCR, and DPF systems), and a tune. Most people leave the 9th injector that's used during regen in the downpipe where it is from the factory...the tune just keeps it from injecting fuel because the truck never goes into regen.

Last edited:

brown bear

como estan beeches!!
Mar 31, 2009
Durango CO
Most of the supporting vendors will sell the parts, they just have disclaimers about their use.

At a minimum you'll need an EGR delete kit (which blocks the intake side of the EGR system and reroutes the coolant lines), LB7 or emissions-deleted passenger side up pipe (which closes off the exhaust side of the EGR system), downpipe-back exhaust (this will get rid of the DOC/cat, DEF, SCR, and DPF systems), and a tune. Most people leave the 9th injector that's used during regen in the downpipe where it is from the factory...the tune just keeps it from injecting fuel because the truck never goes into regen.

Thank You. I appreciate all you help.I run into something when i was trying to order my efi life and it was when they were asking Rumble/Hiss i had no clue what that mean or what to chose I'm trying to get the tune first then i can get rid off all the other crap

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
It's just how you want the tune to sound at idle. The tuner can set the turbo vanes to be more closed at idle which will make more of a hiss sound, or he can open them more to make more rumble. Your preference.