new lb7 problem

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
today while idling my lb7 dually just shut off. i went to restart and i am gettin nothin i got lights and everything but when key is turned everything goes off. no click no nothin. any suggestions. obviously is electrical. i could of swore yesterday it cut out for a split second while driving but not sure. i need some ideas.

[email protected]

cmitchell17
Sep 8, 2008
Ive always had trouble with the gm side post mount batteries. I would check there first there easy to strip and the connection get loose. Mine just started getting lose today and I tightened up on them and now it works fine.

sparepartsracing

spareparts offroad&fab
Mar 17, 2010
u had this problem with my 03....it had 450k on it but the computer would forget to tell itself to start....idk how or what but it had to be hooked up to a tech 2 and be reset

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
figured it out today. a very small ground on the passenger side of block broke off. thank god but it was a pain to find

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
son of a bitch. fixed the ground all was good. and i was goin down the road today after about 300 miles and the service brake message flashed for a split second then about a mile later the damn thing just quit again. same as before turn key nothin no click. however if i let sit for a minute it will crank for a milisecond then nothin again turn key and nothin.. what is goin on!!!!!!!

sparepartsracing

spareparts offroad&fab
Mar 17, 2010
tell them to reset the computer..i believe thats what my guy did and it fixed it...it used to happen alot it sucked

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
yes this is what i dont understand i fixed it 2 days ago . a ground on the passenger side of block broke off. i fixed it and everything was perfect. i drove it for about 300 miles. all of the sudden on my way home the service brake message flashed then went off. a mile later the truck just quit while driving and did the same thing as before. i towed it home and it would bump a couple times after lettin it sit but then would not do anything again. so now it is doin the same as before but i checked all grounds again and all r perfect. so i sent it to the dealer and they r pullin their hair out

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
well my truck came back from the dealer finally and what a mess. 1200 dollars later it took the dealer 3 days to find a communication wire from the onstar that was not allowing the truck to communicate with itself or any diagnostic equipment either.