LLY: New heads now strange noise

bmemmott

Jun 3, 2009
Camarillo, CA
Profab mp and cast flow manifolds/up pipes. Now it sounds like an air compressor coming out the intake. Any ideas what it could be? Seems to run fine otherwise.

Thanks

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
Is it an LLY or an LB7?

We did an LLY one time on used the wrong bolt on one of the injector hold downs, It was just slightly too long. The sound was coming from there.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Sounds exactly like what my truck did after doing my head gaskets.

Had a loud thumping noise coming out of the intake. Retard me left #2 exhaust valve lash nut loose and it backed all the way off so the valve wasn't even opening. Pulled the valve cover and there it was, loose as a goose. Tightened it up to spec and all is good. Been a year and 4 months since.

bmemmott

Jun 3, 2009
Camarillo, CA
It's an LB7. This post is a prime example of why I shouldn't drive and text.

Thanks for the input, I talked to Larry at Danville and he thinks a rocker arm jumped off a pushrod, so I am going to pull a valve cover. Guess I will re torque the injectors while I'm in there too.

bmemmott

Jun 3, 2009
Camarillo, CA
Sounds exactly like what my truck did after doing my head gaskets.

Had a loud thumping noise coming out of the intake. Retard me left #2 exhaust valve lash nut loose and it backed all the way off so the valve wasn't even opening. Pulled the valve cover and there it was, loose as a goose. Tightened it up to spec and all is good. Been a year and 4 months since.

That's what I'm thinking.