new from se al

adb1

Jan 1, 2016
SE AL
Hey ya'll
I'm from Alabama and had a 06 lbz, loved it until it blew a head gasket. Traded it for a 6.0 gasser, yuck! Traded it for a 15 lml, good so far.
I have been building an lmm marine engine for about 2-3 years and need some info on the cooling system.
Where to go from here?
Thanks

Ps (love diesel boats)

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Look up threads in the Repower section, and posts from "kidturbo" specifically.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Welcome! What about the cooling system specifically?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

adb1

Jan 1, 2016
SE AL
I have stainless water cooled exhaust manifolds that I don't want salt water in.How and where do I get and return engine coolant to cool them,and I am desperately trying to get some pictures loaded.(also computer illiterate)
Thanks

Last edited:

adb1

Jan 1, 2016
SE AL
Sorry for the delay. It is going into a 31' home made hull.image.jpg
It was built in the 90's and had a pair of Peninsular ( 6.5 Chevy diesels ) which did good for many years. I am going to set it up single engine with a tunnel for shallow running. Hope to have it going by this time next year.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 12

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
You will need heat exchangers. I can ask my mechanic which ones are needed. There are marine duramax packages for sale to the public now if your interested, makes the whole ordeal much easier. Plus, warranty....

adb1

Jan 1, 2016
SE AL
I would be very interested for "next project". I spent about a year running down parts, pumps, pully's and other stuff. It would be much easier to buy it in kit form. The attachment shows the location that I hope to pull engine coolant for the water cooled manifolds.image.jpg (the outlet under the curve in the manifold)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 18