New fass losing prime.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Sump and done. It's cheaper than the whole pickup assembly too.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
If you're like me and push your truck until it's pretty much running on imagination, you will run out of fuel with a draw straw. Sump it and be done. I have put 25+ gallons in my 26 gallon tank a few times. With the sump my fass never knew the difference.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
If you're like me and push your truck until it's pretty much running on imagination, you will run out of fuel with a draw straw. Sump it and be done. I have put 25+ gallons in my 26 gallon tank a few times. With the sump my fass never knew the difference.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
I do run on hopes and dreams.
Trucks been sitting a lot lately due to having to pump the primer everywhere I start my truck.

I am also wanting to delete the factory filter and assembly but want to wait until I find the leak or whatever it may be. I'm not getting any leaks on top of the pump anymore and replaced a quick connect. It worked fine for a while but all of a sudden, dies when I put it in gear. I get out pump the primer about 10 times til it get hard runs fine until I shut the truck off again.
Running out of fuel can't be good on my new cp3.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Bustedknuckles

Honey Badger
Sep 25, 2010
Hagerstown MD
I do run on hopes and dreams.
Trucks been sitting a lot lately due to having to pump the primer everywhere I start my truck.

I am also wanting to delete the factory filter and assembly but want to wait until I find the leak or whatever it may be. I'm not getting any leaks on top of the pump anymore and replaced a quick connect. It worked fine for a while but all of a sudden, dies when I put it in gear. I get out pump the primer about 10 times til it get hard runs fine until I shut the truck off again.
Running out of fuel can't be good on my new cp3.

Wrap a rag around a blow gun nozzle and pressurize the tank, be careful you don't go crazy and blow something apart btw. Then go look for fuel, shouldn't be too hard to find.

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
This could be a long shot but we had one pump fail right out of the box. Wouldn't prime to save our life. Even sticking the suction line into a bucket or even force feeding it with another pump. FASS ended up warrantying out the motor portion. Bled immediately with the new pump.

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
This could be a long shot but we had one pump fail right out of the box. Wouldn't prime to save our life. Even sticking the suction line into a bucket or even force feeding it with another pump. FASS ended up warrantying out the motor portion. Bled immediately with the new pump.
That wouldnt be hard to rule out with a bucket test. Also it's not that hard to pull the pump back out. I will give it a shot this weekend, but I'm going to check for more fuel leaks again. The weird part is I had it working fine then out of the blue it started losing prime again.