New Dyno Numbers

Mpsoldier

That just happened!
Mar 10, 2010
In my House
Had quiet a bit of fuel left. It was pretty clean from what my son a d friends said. I was in the truck running the laptop and from what I could see it was cleaned up pretty good. If it had been a dry roller I believe I would have made at least another hundred horse if not more. You could smell the rubber off the tires.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Nice great numbers btw cant wait for mine to be finished.:thumb:

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I found another reason for not making more power. The dyno guy tells me that my boost number was only forty something pounds. So today I was checking things out for leaks etc ...and found this.
a2upejes.jpg

This is the waste gate to hot side intercooler pipe line.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Nice hp number. Tq seems low, was it the tune or just the conditions? Wet rollers would hurt it a fair bit I would think.

Kelly torque was low. It was not in the tuning it was conditions and leaks. It literally stormed while I was on the rollers. Torque was all over the place on the three pulls. There was quite a bit of difference in hp on the pulls as well. It was impossible to put the power to the rollers. This was Dans Diesel Performance dyno which is a load cell as well. The numbers were uncorrected.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Shane

have you pressure tested the turbo system also? I did and was very surprised at how many leaks I had!

I haven't yet but I do think there are some. I guess I would need another setup like I used when I ran a single to test with though. I certainly had one on the charge pipe or waste gate. It was smoking pretty good from one if those after the line burst.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Shane

have you pressure tested the turbo system also? I did and was very surprised at how many leaks I had!

Simon I got around to pressure testing for leaks and I was surprised to find a good Waste gate and charge pipe had significant leaks. I will finish up testing tomorrow since I ran out of time this evening but it should run much better when I get everything right. This thing might see 90 lbs plus when it gets all sealed up. It will already run like a raped ape.