New Dyno Numbers

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Well we had a good time at Gainesville considering the races were postponed.The dyno was the main attraction for the day. I was happy with my results considering that I didn't finish up the truck till 9:30 this morning and drove 185 miles there. This was the first time with the new motor along with various changes. I made up my DSP tunes and did not get a chance for any testing at all. New best for me wet tires and all was 919.2hp and 1320 ft/lbs while spinning the tires. The truck is easily over a 1000hp and very daily drivable.:woott::D

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
After reviewing the log of this pull everything did as expected with the tuning. This was the first time this tuning even saw a wot pull. I have some refining that I can do to make it better but it was good for the first time out. I did notice how much slip that was occurring with the difference from logs versus the difference in dyno data. It was seeing a 250 rpm slip and 13 mph slip. The truck was still making power at 4500 rpms. Rail was perfect also. I started not to even drive it to the track because I pretty big on making sure things run correctly and not taking chances on being right. To boot I got 16 mpg on the 320 mile trip. Probably lost at least 1 mpg on the dyno alone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Here is a list of dyno participants

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364135109463.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364135109463.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 63

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
How much fuel did you have left? and how did the turbo's clean up the fuel? boost levels?

Had quiet a bit of fuel left. It was pretty clean from what my son a d friends said. I was in the truck running the laptop and from what I could see it was cleaned up pretty good. If it had been a dry roller I believe I would have made at least another hundred horse if not more. You could smell the rubber off the tires.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I left before you ran, congratulations. Were you the highest numbers for the day?

Yes by around 170 hp or so. There was a green CR Dodge that made 744 area. He was the closest and when he ran his truck things were dry. He actually tried again when all was done to see if he could make up any ground but ldid worse. The dyno operator was hoping to pull mine a fourth time and I told him no. I had some kinda exhaust leaks under the hood. Maybe wsstegate or pedestals.