LLY: New DD 05' regular cab 2wd

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
Picked up a 05' Chevy regular cab 2wd Duramax/Allison to use as a dailey driver. Truck is bone stock right now. Will be removing the tool box's and probably add a good mileage tune and LBZ mouth piece for now. Maybe a short bed conversion in the future!

View attachment 40173

Last edited:

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
image_zpsjxcbcap6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
It does have 305k on it and some dents and scratch's, but was fleet maintained and runs great!

Fleet maintained trucks can be some of the best running you'll find, even with higher mileage. US DOT requires it.
The donor I bought had 229,000 on it, and it was the smoothest/quietest LB7 Ive ever heard. Runs like a new engine. Congrats again on a great buy.

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
Picked up a used S&B mouth piece for it and already have a 4" exhaust from my 02' pull truck that will be going on soon.

image_zps32atbmkk.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
Finally got some time to put goodies on my LLY today.
- full 4" exhaust
- S&B mouth piece
- EGR delete
- Rerouted PCV

Anybody looking to do a EGR delete, spend the extra money and get a good kit! I bought one off Amazon that looks just like a Sinister kit and the bracket on the new intake tube does not line up right. I just left them bolts out for now and went for a test ride and blew the Y-bridge out!!! I will have to modify the bracket so I can bolt it down and help hold the Y-bridge together.