New converter

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
I have a Q for any of yall that may have some info on this converter I got Bc i haven't been in a truck with one or know anyone that has it.. I traded for a Trans with a goerend Y converter in it. I know it has a billlet stator and the stall is around 2600 I believe. My question is how well would this converter work with a stock LBZ turbo till I can upgrade? From what I was told its relatively new so can find any info on it really.. Thanks for any info or tips...

NRA223

May 20, 2015
I have a Gorend Billet Stator Converter, but that stall is much more aggressive than mine. I'm not sure which mine is but it will foot brake to 22-2300 before it starts pushing thru the brakes. I can say it's a great converter, drives just like stock and holds up great. I DD my truck on the big tune all the time and haven't had any issues in the 14+ months that it's been built.

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
Thanks.. That's really want I was tryin to figure out.. Was wondering how it would b for daily driving.. It was on a pulling truck so I had no idea. Was told I could send it bk to goerend to have it restalled if needed.. Just didn't no how it coupled and if it would b a bad match for my stock turbo.

NRA223

May 20, 2015
Mine is an LB7 but i ran it with the stock turbo for several months and switched to the Stealth64 almost a year ago. Worked great with both set ups, drives nice and locks up nice. I am also running trans tuning and a Fleece Lock up switch with it. I know Gorend will re-stall them, might be worth looking into.

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
Sounds good man I appreciate it.. I need to look into a lock box for mine for the track when I get it set up for it.. How do u like that fleece set up? I wasn't sure if I needed Bc I heard that you can lock it with TCM tuning on th 6 speeds but haven't checked into it yet:. Might not work as well as the lock box's...

NRA223

May 20, 2015
They say you can control lock up with tuning on the 5 speed too. I got the trans tuning first and it did help, but it wasn't 100% consistent. I looked at the BT, DHD, and Fleece boxes before i bought mine. I bought the fleece because it was cheaper and simpler than BT and i liked the size and format better than DHD. It was an easy install and works 100% every time. Definitely worth the money, but the auto mode on the BT box would be really nice.

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
Yes sir I had the BT on my last truck and it was nice! So the fleece isn't auto? Do u have to flip a switch?

NRA223

May 20, 2015
Yeah, there is an arm switch that gives the box control instead of the TCM, and then a button to lock. You have to remember to turn the box off though or you will burn up the solenoid.